Could my toe be broken?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay, long post warning!! So last Sunday (10/17/21) I dropped a full bottle of wine on my pinky toe. It fell from a shelf about 8ft. It obviously hurt like hell and was throbbing and bleeding. It swelled up and got numb and really stiff. I couldn't walk on it.

The next day I could walk on it with just a little pain, but it was more stiff and swollen and was bruised pretty bad and that was the trend the next few days. It won't let me attach a picture for whatever reason.

Fast forward to today, Saturday 10/23, I can walk on it fine, the bruising has subsided and it's still swollen, but not as bad. It is still very stiff but I have attributed that to the swelling. But the outer side of my toe is still painful to the touch. More toward the tip. And the area around it almost feels numb and tingly. It's been like this the last 3 days. Nothing getting better, nothing getting worse. Is this a healing thing?

I can bend it without pain so I didn't bother going to the doctor because I could also walk on it. And the bruising has gone away.

I did do a fair amount of walking the past few days (before you come for me, I had vacation planned already and I WAS NOT going to miss out on my 1st vacation in years.) Could it be that all the walking is what's keeping it feeling the way it does? Or is it possible to break a toe and it not hurt that bad? I just don't know if I should rest it some more or if I should still go see a doctor. Any advice would be great!!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

You sound like your searching for answers to what happened to your toe. The only way to be sure is to set up an appt for xray thru your doctor and a tec will get back to you in a few days. As long as your toe is not hot to the touch or red its probably is OK. Many times when we get hurt and the injury is not effecting daily life it's not always necessary to to see a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.