Could prostate cancer provoke gastric symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My husband has been suffering greatly from esophagus pain and back pain (between the shoulder blades), fatigue and chills, no fever.

He has done numerous test that came back negative (including the gastroscopy).

He was treated for Helicobacter p. since the bloodwork showed the antibodies, which started decreasing after the treatment. However, his symptoms remained.

The test showed high feritine - 567 ng/ml (it was probably even higher, but it hadn't been caught in time, max. is set at 400 ng/ml);

and high PSA (prostate-specific antigen): 3,82 ng/ml (reference value is less than 2 ng/ml, and his previous test showed 0,99 ng/ml).

These two results can be indicative of the prostate cancer, BUT, his symptoms are really weird, they point to problems with stomach and everything's clear and he didn't react to antacids, PPIs or H2 blockers. If anything they made the pain worse.

Could prostate cancer provoke gastric symptoms?

What can provoke these symptoms with these results?

Thank you!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

No. There is no relationship between the two as far as I know.

He seems to have two different issues going on at the same time.

1. You mention two PSA results: 3,82 and 0.99. When were they done?

2. I suggest he talks to his primary physician to determine if he should see a different

3. gastroenterologist to check for reflux esophagitis or eosinophilic esophagitis or if

an ENT is to be seen.

• Posted

Hi! I have been having the exact same symptoms. Had an abdominal CT scan, endoscopy, all normal. Still, i feel pain. My chest is hurting also... i am due for a GP visit tomorrow, will probably ask for a PET/CT scan because the XRay did not show anything abnormal. Nevertheless, is common for the Prostate Cancer to metastasize to the ribs.

Please let me know how did it go for him.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.