could shoot myself tonight

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Guys need some TLC I just dont think these tabs are for me I feel miserable been on them about 12 weeks now had lost 7 pounds but now feel i have put it back on just feel bloated all the time - went for my swim today and caught a glimps of myself in the mirror and wanted to shoot myself I feel so low: I have been cutting out all the stuff I love Butter, Bread, Pizza, Cheese , Fried Food only now cook with water or grill and its just not shifting and as I say I really feel bloated God I hope I wake up feeling better tomorrow Think I am going to give these tabs a miss for a few days and see if I feel any better x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi geraldine oh yousound so down its awful when you feel that bad i understand been there myself still there some days!! Dont give in as long as you work with the tablets they will work for you too x keep your fat to 5gm per 100gm and no more then 15gm per meal dont over do the carbs your doung well with the swimming keep it up x ive been on them a month tomorrow and only lost 81/2 pounds some people lose quickly and more but anything is a bonus 😀 keep going and sorry to hear your so low you will get plenty of support on here everyone is in the same boat and knows how you feel chin up girl come on were all here for each other xx
  • Posted

Hi Geraldine. Please don't be too hard on yourself. I posted a similar thread a couple of weeks ago. I was so depressed and in tears as I had only lost 1Kg in four weeks! This week it's a whole different picture. The weight has dropped off me and I'm wearing clothes that haven't seen the light of day for many years. When I was at my lowest I had a choice to make - either give up, try and accept the fact that I'm fat and learn to live with it or become even more determined to shift the blubber. I have tried many times to be happy with my weight but I'm not. It's a simple as that. I do secretly admire those people like Dawn French who are but it's not me! So I redoubled my efforts, started using my fitness pal again, increased my exercise even though I don't especially enjoy it and just got my head into a better place. I know that's easy to say but stick with it. xx
  • Posted

Hi Geraldine. Ahhh honey, I know how you feel, we all get like that and have really bad days. I have been on the tablets for 7 weeks now and have had a couple of tearful ups and downs. It is very hard to diet and the trouble is we all want the weight to come off immediately but it just doesn't. It's so hard to lose and takes a real battle. It took us years to get fat and so it will take a good couple of years, at least, to lose it all and get fitter. You don't say how much you need to lose, or your age, or health etc. so I shall tell you my experience so you can compare. I am mid 40's and just starting the menopause and was not always fat. Hard to believe now but I was skinny, and I mean flat chested the like of Keira Knightly, skinny until late 20's. Then slowly started putting on weight. By mid 30's and having a child, it started to climb up and up until I started this diet needing to lose 5 stone in total. I have now lost 1 stone 3lbs but it has been really bloody hard. I have had to start exercising big time, and I count and watch every single thing that passes my lips. It's been partcularly hard this past few weeks as I have had so many engagements and functions - which all included eating and drinking. I started cycling 9 months ago with my husband who is incredibly fit, and it has been really hard, but just recently I think my energy/fitness levels have increased because I find myself enjoying the cycling, doing it more easily, and not sleeping as well as night as I am buzzing with happy hormones from the cycling. I only started the diet 2 months ago, and my first 4 weeks were misery. But again, just recently I feel more positive and am obviously getting used to them and the diet. It's still really hard and at times I just want to stuff my face with goodies, but at those points I try to make a cadbury highlights hot chocolate with 4 marshmellows, sit down and enjoy it and try to get my head in gear again. We all understand how you feel. And you made me laugh out loud with your comment about seeing your reflection in the mirror at swimming. I am not laughing at you, it's just I can completely empathise with you so it made me laugh. My husband was in London all day yesterday with work and decided to cycle home (about 38 miles the nutter) - took his bike up and a change of clothes (he does this regularly) so I said to him that I would get the train half way with my bike to meet him and we would cycle out together. So I get on my merry way thinking i Iook o.k in my spandex (who am I kidding right) cause I'm toning up and go to get on the train heaving my bike with me and I get a glimpse of my mahoosive arse and stomach and I actually laughed out loud thinking "christ almighty what must these smart comuters think looking at me". I was so embarressed and when I got to the station to meet my husband I could not get off that train fast enough. I told him the story before we set off and he laughed and laughed and said they would have been impressed that Patrick can ride a bike (I was in pink - Patrick from spongebob squarepants is pink - he is the big fat pink star fish!). Soooo, lighten up on yourself. You are having a bad couple of days. You HAVE lost 7lbs, that's half a stone of fat! It's going in the right direction. Pick yourself off, dust yourself off, pat yourself on the back for what you have achieved - swimming and weight loss - and start again. Keep in touch honey. xx
    • Posted

I need some help.  I have been on orlistat now about 3months. One week i will have lost 4 lbs and the next week i will have put on 2/3 lbs. I haven't really lost any weight. I am on these tablets to get my BMI down so i can get IVF. I am coeliac and have an underactive thyroid, i do not take caffine, i have cut out fruit as it was bloating me, i only eat carbs once a week, I exercise for 30 minutes minimum every day and nothing! I am a size 14 and 5ft tall, my BMI is 33. I eat 4 Mullerlight fat free yoghurts and 4 boiled eggs everyday, thats it! The weight is not moving, i am so disheartened, I think my GP feels I am wasting his time because my weight has not moved. I feel so emotional about it on top of the pressure of waiting for IVF.
    • Posted

Oh dear Kitty, I can sympathise with how you are feeling. I am not surprised you are feeling like you could shoot yourself, but you need to put this into perspective and start again as neither your head or your eating pattern is in the right place. AND first and foremost you need to get your head into gear. You need to start again from go. You have a few things against you to start off which is going to make this a bit more difficult than Average Joe and so you are going to have to work around all these obstacles. Do you take any drugs for the underactive thyroid? Not sure what coeliac disease is but is it the one connected to diabetes where you can't eat gluton? So, to start with your diet is rubbish and I am not surprised you are feeling rubbish both physcially and mentally on what you have been eating. There is just no nutritional value in 4 eggs and fat free yogurt and if this is what you have been eating for these long weeks then I am not surprised your body is saying "up yours" and hanging onto every bit of fat reserves that is has. So saying that, how to move forward. Wipe the slate clean, forget what you have and have not been doing and start again right at this moment. Have breakfast every morning - a variety of fresh fruit and a fat free yogurt. Doesn't matter if the fruit bloats you as this feeling does subside. The first 5 weeks or so on this diet I was so bloated and passing wind - but that has all gone now (am into my 3rd month). You absolutely must eat fresh fruit and veg every day. If you can't stomach yogurt for breakfast, make an angel delight the night before and leave in the fridge, then in the morning chop up loads of strawberries and banana to go in it. You can half of the angel delight if you use skimmed milk or almond milk. Also, alpro do a chocolate dessert which is also a great breakfast with loads of fresh fruit chopped up in it. You will find this in the section where all the custards and rice puddings are. Don't know if you work or not, but low fat cup a soup is a good thing to have mid morning to stave off the hunger pains. Also, take to work (or keep in fridge) tupperware box of chopped up raw carrots, celery and peppers etc to have with your cup a soup. Then for lunch, a tin of soup with a bow of mixed salad. There are tons of varieties of soups you can have, both fresh made and tinned, you just need to check the ingredients to make sure there is no gluten. Baxters Health range of soups is excellent and really filling. If you add a salad or fresh fruit with this then that is your lunch. There are also tonnes of fat free salad dressings to choose from or simply squeeze fresh lemon juice and salt n pepper on the salad. Alternatively if you work and don't have the facilities to make soup, just take a big tupperware box of salad which can have a boiled egg, tuna (tinned in water only), prawns, chicken breast etc. Also, have plenty of fruit and veg always prepared in the fridge or in a tupperware box at work to snack on. You could also have a tub of low fat houmous for lunch with the raw veg - just watch the amount you eat of this as even the low fat variety can have a lot of calories. If you have the facilities, also low fat cup a soup. Then for dinner, there are so many options - jacket potatoe with beans on if you want a quick meal. jacket potatoe with chicken or tuna with salad, jacket potatoe with homemade coleslaw is one of my favourites - get a white or red cabbage, chop a quarter of this up very finely, add a whole bit white salad onion which you also chop really finely, grate up a couple of carrots and add that, then 2 tablespoons of low fat mayonnaise, lots of salt n pepper, squeeze a fresh lemon in and add lots of fresh coriander and mix it all up - delicious). You can make homemade stir fry and have this with plain boiled rice - use fry light and stir fry onions, red or yellow peppers, mushrooms, baby sweetcorn, and whatever other veg may take your fancy, add chicken or prawns, 2 cloves or garlic, teaspoon of fresh ginger (really finely chopped) and lots of soy sauce and serve over rice. You can make low fat spaghetti bolonaise - just make sure you buy the gluten fee pasta, chillie con carne with rice, jacekt potatoe or pasta (again gluten free). For something nice in the evening, you can have a fat free yogurt and 4 jelly babies or 4 marshmellows, or the alpro chocolate desset with the 4 marshmellows chucked in. Cadbury highlights hot chocolate is another life saver if you want something sweet and scrumptious in the evening - only 1 a day though. For drinks you have tea, coffee, herbal tea, water, all sugar free squash, all sugar free fizzy drinks. The key to this diet is to try and vary our diet as much as possible so you don't get bored or hungry and in your case, you absolutely must start eating properly and healthily. You must eat lots of fruit and veg. You can eat lean meat, fish, potatoes, rice, soup, houmous, so there should be enough variety to have a healthy and sustainable diet but it does take a lot of effort and thought - I am forever wracking my brains to find something new and interesting to eat. And you must watch your calorie intake to no more than 1200 per day and no more than 15g of fat in each of your 3 main meals (that's 45g total) and within that 15g for each meal you need to make sure no once thing you eat has more than 5g of fat per 100g for e.g if you have a tin of soup and it has 2g of fat per 100g, and the whole tin is 400 grams and you want to eat the whole tin - that is 4 x 2g = 8g of fat in total for the whole tin. And just remember, there is no quick fix, this takes a lot of hard work and though and planning, but the results will start to show eventually if you are sensible about this. So stop beating yourself up, forget what has happened and start again today, and eat properly and sensibly, no more of this starving yourself and just eating eggs! You have a great goal - IVF! Keep that in your mind at all times. Good luck and let me know if you need any further advice or help, and keep me updated on how you are getting on. x
    • Posted

Wow, that is amazing advice! You have re-motivated me too!
    • Posted

Ha ha, good I'm glad. Despite my words of wisdom am struggling myself the last couple of days - the weekend was hell, everywhere I went there was food saying "eat me, eat me, eat me NOW". I have felt so hungry and have to confess I have gotten through a fair amount of jelly babies and low fat yogurts so am just not going to weigh myself this week. Have to pick myself up, dust myself off and get on with it - 16 mile bike ride later today to start with - just hope the sun comes out. Bye for now. Stay strong - I'm saying that more to myself by the way!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.