Edited , 3 users are following.
Hi everyone 😃! I'm new to this site and hoping to find some answers to what I might be possibly dealing with.
A little background. I'm an otherwise healthy 27 year old guy in fairly good shape and healthy weight if not slightly underweight. For the past 6 months I've been dealing with an array of very odd and bothersome symptoms. I originally was scared it was my heart but have had every test under the sun to eliminate that such as normal echo and even a cardiac MRI with contrast. Most doctors have tried to pin it on anxiety which I just don't feel is right. I'll try to describe my symptoms as best as I can below.
A lot of my symptoms revolve around feeling light headed, weak, or having racing heart / heart palpitations.
I mostly struggle with:
- Racing heart when standing that lasts awhile or goes away if I bend over.
- Racing heart after eating large meals.
- Extreme fatigue after exercise for almost a whole day to the point of not feeling well.
- Heart palpitations while standing.
- Feeling light headed or breathless often and relieved by sitting down.
- Symptoms are worse when I'm warm or during long showers.
- For some reason I feel better if I go somewhere cold.
What I find odd is I've tried to take my blood pressure when I feel like it's low and it's always normal so I don't know why my heart would race and I would feel "light headed" if my blood pressure is normal at the time of symptoms?
Does any of this sound like POTS or am I really just looking in the wrong direction? Thanks for any guidance it's much appreciated. I'm really lost and don't know where to turn as my doctor is not very helpful and says I'm just anxious and should take anxiety medicine it just doesn't feel like anxiety.
0 likes, 4 replies