Could this be a yeast infection??

Posted , 4 users are following.

could this be a yeast infection? Notice small red patches inside vagina and the discharge. It is a bit irritated and occassionally itchy. please help!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

what is the discharge like? colour, smell, thickness? are the patches painful? when was the last time u had sex and when did the symptoms start? how lomg have the patches been there? could very well be thrush yes. do u have any other symptoms at all?

• Posted

The discharge doesnt smell at all, it is white and sometimes thick.

Last time I had sex was about a week. The symptoms started Monday/Tuesday this week. Noticed the patches on Wednesday. Little bit of itching and Irritation.

I'm due for my period on Monday.

• Posted

sounds typical of thrush to me. and the patches arent painful? i say thrush maybe get an OTC thrush medicine and use it see if it helps discharge and itching and see how the patches develop / start clearing up or get worse. is your recent sexual partner new or a steady partner?

• Posted

patches arent painful. Some look like little cuts. I have only had two sexual partners. My ex who i was with for 4 years and my current boyfriend who i have been sexually active with since March.

• Posted

i would say it is thrush it can cause cuts etc on the vagina, take an OTC pessary or visit ur doctor for treatment. have u had thrush before ?

• Posted

yes i have had it once before and i went to the doctors about it. they tested me for all STDS which came back negative and thrush came back as positive. its similar sypmtoms just not as severe. I will get OTC and hopefully it will resolve.

Thank you for your help

• Posted

thrush can range from mild to severe not always the same each time! i believe its thrush dont see anytning indicating anything else 😃 get chlamydia and gonorrhea test if u havent since ur last partner as they are always good to do amyway

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.