Could This be an Anal Fissure?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I'm 36 years old male, never had any health problems in the past.

Something is going on with my anus for almost two years and I didn't visited any doctors yet due to my health anxiety. I will appreciate if people with anal fissure read my post and inform me what they think about my symptoms.

In the late 2016 I noticed one drop of red blood in the toilet after a bowel movement. After that everything was fine until April 2017 when pain inside anus started after every bowel movement. It was delayed pain which starts one hour after BM and lasts for the next few hours. 

In May 2017 there was a few drops of fresh blood in the toilet and some on the toilet paper after wiping. 

In the same time I noticed some white mucus attached on the top of my stools (on the first piece of stool which comes out). Since then I have some mucus with every bowel movement and that's what worries me the most.

I had delayed anal pain after BM from April to October. A few hours of pain every day. During that period there was no blood in the toilet but small amounts of red blood on the stool surface. That happened 2-3 times only.

In April 2018 pain after BM started again, but now it is less intensive, and not delayed but it starts after BM and lasts for 30 min to a few hours. During some days there is no pain at all, some days are with discomfort, pain etc.

Since all this started I'm obsessed with my stool, blood, mucus, so I examine my stool with a torch. On that way I noticed tinny streaks of blood in mucus. That's makes my to think that I have some serious illness. Without a torch I wouldn't noticed it at all.

I checked my anus with a mirror. On its opening, inside but on the very beginning skin looks red and inflamed. Its on the position where 95% of fissures occurs but I don't see any cuts or wounds so I don't know if that could be a fissure. I expect a fissure to be easy noticeable, not microscopic. Just red, skin with a small bump near it which could be a hemorrhoid. Inside my anus, just above that red skin (2 cm or so inside), is the painful spot. Also I think I spotted an internal hemorrhoid, looks like those pics from the internet. 

I don't feel ill, didn't had any diarrhea, fever, have 2 bowel movements a day, I'm a little bit underweight but maintain the same weight for the last 3-4 years. I eat pretty well and exercise occasionally, but also sitting for prolonged periods due to my job.

So, symptoms I have are: pain after bowel movement, mucus in stool, tinny amounts of red blood in that mucus.

Do any of people with anal fissure have mucus in stool? Did you ever noticed some blood in it? Do you think I could have a fissure or more serious illness?

Thank you!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rocco, your symptoms sure sound like an anal fissure in terms of the pain you describe..... but of course I’m not a doctor. You really need to see a physician and get referred to a Colorectal Surgeon to examine you and make a proper diagnosis. If it is a chronic anal fissure, it will not heal without some sort of medical intervention such as cream, Botox injections or LIS surgery. In the meantime take sitz baths with some coconut oil and witch hazel mixed into the warm water, especially after BMs. Watching the diet to ensure your neither constipated or have diarrhea is really important too. I wish you the best ... but really I urge you to go to your doctor. 

Vuki

• Posted

Hi Vuki,

Thank you for your time and the reply. I know I should visit a doctor and will have to do so if the problem persist. Pain is not an issue, I can live with it, I just don't to die too early. If this is a fissure or hemorrhoids  I would not be worried.

My diet is very good and I recently increased water intake. With two bowel movements a day I'm never constipated. Often the top of my stool was dry but that improved since I started to drink more water.

What I have could be combination of a fissure (cause of delayed pain) and internal hemorrhoids. I'm pretty sure that I saw hemorrhoids with a mirror. They cause mucus to many people... 

If anyone have an idea what could be wrong, please let me know.

• Posted

Hi Rocco 

I agree with Vucki. Sounds like you need to get this checked out. From your symptoms, it does sounds like a fissure but the mucus can mean something else. At least get your stool checked out. Mucus and blood on stool is not normal and needs to be checked out. Good luck and keep us posted. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.