Could this be Aniexty

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Recently i have been getting a lot of chest pain which my doctor feels is down to my barrett's Esophagus but on saturday i woke up with my heart racing about 200 bmp and i could not sleep again.

At night now when i try to sleep it is either beating really fast or a hard beat but if i eventually do get a sleep i wake up and can hardly feel a pulse.

It is worrying me but doctors done ecg, 24 hour heart rate monitor and treadmill test so he is not concerned at all. The rapid heartbeat at least lets me know i am still living but the no pulse in wrist in the morning is worrying me.

thanks for your replys in advance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You're probably thinking about it too much. I have had this when I lay down to go to sleep. I've literally felt like I was having a heart attack and my pupils dilated huge and everything.. Cold clammy skin. Was scary. But then I realized it was in my head and tried to focus my thoughts elsewhere. 

• Posted

Hi Jean,

You could be right, well i hope you are with the symptoms being there you often worry.

• Posted

Also, if they did an EKG and other tests something would have come back abnormal. How's your breathing? Do you get out of breath when your heart races? If not, most likely anxiety. Don't worry about it too much, I know easier said than done
    • Posted

Hi Jean,

I have Ashama so it is hard to distinguish between normal and hard of breathing.

I don't think it is a heart attack as i think i would have been on the ground by now.

• Posted

If your worried you can't find a pulse in your wrist try the side of your neck, press just at the side of your voice box, either side but one side is usually a bit stronger, use your index and middle finger you will find a pulse there just move fingers around slightly and there you will find a strong pulse as it's a main artery.

Also remember if your able to try find a pulse then you must have one! 

Your pulse will be slower on waking unless you wake agitated from a dream (you may not remember the dream instantaneously)or startled awake, if you go to sleep with something worrying you you can wake very quickly and your body reacts very quickly and raises your heart rate, equally if your getting worried about going to sleep then this will cause some stress and the heart bests harder or faster.

Either way rest assured you've had the tests and everything is normal and your worry is unfounded sounds like your in good health to me just a tad anxious.

Just as a bit if advise if you wake in the night and worry and you have a TV in room I find putting it on but with volume really low, so you can just about hear it, I get comfy and close my eyes but you still get to see the flickering colours and try to listen to the voices on TV (news is best) so your concentrating on picking out the story and words, the flickering light from the TV is very hypnotic and calming.

hope that helps. N

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.