Could This Be Anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

As I have said before in other postings, I was diagnosed with anxiety in July 2016. I wanted to know if anyone with anxiety experience something similiar to me. When I get upset or stressed about something I start to feel as he my head can explode or my heart is going to jump out my chest. I do not be breathing heavily it just feels or I think my chest and head can explode. Especially if I feel as if I can not handle to situation they way I really want to. Does anyone have to same feelings or symptoms?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like a panic attack to me, increased heart rate palpitations rise in body temp, are you on anxiety medication? Or diazepam or similar for when your are having a panic attack? Maybe a beta blocker of some sort? Any of these should help, I take Celexa and Buspar and though I don't have anything fast acting such as diazepam they other meds are helping in keeping me calm during a rough period although I still have the occasional panic attack or increased anxiety but for the most part the only thing I'm still dealing with is the foggy brain or the feeling like a sort of dizzy or spacey but from what I understand that will go away as well in time as I've been on medication for a little more than three weeks

• Posted

That is cool. I only had two panic attacks this year. However, my anxiety is up and down. I too feel dizzy and spaced out. Another thing that bothers me the most is irritation and it's very hard for me to concentrate on anything.

• Posted

I was wondering if you needed different medicines, Tamantha.

33cody seems to be starting to benefit from his.

Have you seen a doctor lately?

love Chrissie

• Posted

I tried Zoloft and had terrible side effects. I haven't tried nothing since, I'm too scared. I started therapy about three weeks ago. I will stick with therapy for now. I'm scared of talking any medication.

• Posted

Okay, that's your choice, darling. I really hope the therapy helps you.

xx Chrissie

• Posted

I had a question? I have another symptom that has been bothering me and I wanted to know if it was a normal symptom of anxiety. Every since I had pnemonia in June I have a weird thing going on with my breathing. Sometimes I always have to take a deep breath in like if its a hiccupp but its not because Im sucking in. I told my GP but he wasnt concerned about it. It also happens in my sleep as well. I once told an emergency room cardioligist and he stated that was a symptom of anxiety and depression. I have had several chest xrays and ekgs but they always come out normal. I havent had any blood work done to check my lungs or heart. Maybe I should ask for that next. However, the cardiologist looked for residual pnemonia but everything looked fine he said. What do you think?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.