Could this be basal c ell carcinoma (vulvar cancer) or herpes??

Posted , 8 users are following.

I’ve attached a photo, I’ve had this single ulcer/blister  for at least 4 weeks and I am extremely worried! Please help. I did apply apple cider vinegar on it but it only slightly flattened the pink surrounding area.  With that being said I also have had abnormal streaked bleeding that ranges from red to brown. I’m scared it might be cancer but also herpes. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You need to go and get this checked out by your doctor or sexual  health clinic and I would not advise putting apple cider vinegar on it just keep it clean a dry till you see with it 
    • Posted

I only applied the vinegar because a physician said it is probably dermatitis but I honestly think that’s unlikely considering the cramps and bleeding  that came a few days after I noticed this  /: ... thanks though!! 
  • Posted

The cramps and bleeding may be a totally separate problem.    
  • Posted

If you are worried go see a dr.
    • Posted

Politely, I already have a consult set up for September but would like community opinions. 
    • Posted

Since you are waiting for your doctor’s consult and are eager for feedback, I will say that in my own experience with herpes, it does not ever last 4 weeks. Maybe with someone else it could. Herpes starts off with definite intense burning and pain for me, then kind of toughens up (like a blister healing) which doesn’t hurt as much then disappears. This takes maybe 2 weeks? I can’t speak to what cancer looks like (and hope I never can!) and pray that’s not what you are facing. But I also think you also have more options than just herpes and cancer. There are boils and cysts and ulcers and who knows what that aren’t problematic. To rule out herpes, have them do a blood test, not just a scraping for biopsy as I wasn’t diagnosed for 20 years of outbreaks. When they scraped, it always came back negative. God bless and be well. 
    • Posted

Yes, but you must understand that we are not medical doctors so, while we may be able to speak from our own experience, we do not want to say something that may worry you unnecessarily.
  • Posted

It looks as though you shave the area. This could be something as simple as an infected nick from shaving. You may not have noticed it immediately and then it has become infected. is it in the groin area where it will be rubbed by your knickers?   As I said before the cramps and bleeding are most likely not connected.

Well done for getting an appointment with a consultant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.