Could this be blepharitis?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My bottom eyelid will sometimes get inflamed and be extremely itchy. It almost feels like something is in my eye. It usually goes away within an hour or two if I do a warm compress. I originally thought it might be styes but due to how fast they go away I think it might be something else. I've been getting them more often recently, maybe 3-4 times in the last 4 months. My eyes do feel a little dry and putting artificial tears seems to help. Additionally, my eyelashes do tend to fall out at high rates and most times land in my eyes, which leads to irritation. I've also noticed more crust near my tear duct than I've seen before. I have gotten it in both eyes but only on my lower eyelid (like shown in pic). Could this be blepharitis? If so, can someone explain this more and how to deal with it? I'm assuming it's a chronic condition so any tips on how to prevent/treat? Thanks in advance!imageimage

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.