Could this be BV?

Posted , 3 users are following.

so i just wanted some opinions on this as i have been stressing myself out and my dr appointment isnt until may sadly.

i am in a long distance relationship so i dont have sex all that often recently i saw my boyfriend and ya know, did the deed. i noticed a slight smell of my discharge but just thought my body was a lil off and adjusting. the second time we did it, there was a noticeable almost fishy smell. the smell had gone away the next day though and everything was back to normal. no smell or odd discharge since. (oh and this was my placebo week of birth control so i was getting over the slight bleed i always have)

i am going to bring this up with my dr in may but wanted some other opinions. could this be bv? something else? cause for concern?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

also- i just looked back at my labs from october and i tested negative for BV and trich so i think that rules out trich (i was on my period) but my labs from feb 21 noted possible bv?? at this point i think im just stressing myself out for no reason

• Posted

You could have mild bv or you could just be getting a little off balance every once in a while. I really wouldn't worry too much about it unless you start having a lot of symptoms. There are vaginal ph strips that you buy to see what your ph is. A ph higher than 4.5 is considered abnormal and would probably mean bacterial vaginosis. Whether you try testing your ph or not I'd definitely discuss your concerns at your next doctor's appointment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.