Could this be Crohn’s?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

quick back story on me: September of last year i had my gallbladder taken out. Had a lot of digestive problems. I almost died as i couldn't hold anything down. 2 months later, i was diagnosed with c diff which is a bacterial infection of the colon. I took Vancomycin which is a antibiotic, 2 months later i relapsed with c diff, put on another vanco course, then Dificid which is a antibiotic made especially for c diff. i just finished it this past Sunday.

Now i'm still having nausea, loss of appetite, i'm now constipated, but after a few days, i will have diarrhea. i get heartburn sometimes (i have tried all the otc antacids, and prescription, nothing helped), pass a lot of gas all day, center of my tummy is tender, i burp a lot, i'm losing weight because of the nausea and loss of appetite. My heart rate stays up past 100. I get stomachaches sometimes. When i use the restroom, when i wipe, it's yellow. i feel weak and shaky. Can't sleep right. I'm on a bland diet, have been for 7 months.

A few months ago, my GI did bloodwork and everything came back normal. i've also have had CT Scans, Upper Endoscopy. Those came back normal. I had a MRI, and it showed mild inflamation in my colon, but my GI wasn't worried.

I'm depressed because of all of this. i've been dealing with this for 7 months. The nausea is the worse. I can't work right now. My GI can't figure out whats going on.

I just want to know what is going on with me.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello, a lot of your symptoms are similar to mine, I have diverticulitis, Crohn's and was just diagnosed with gallstones and now have kidney issues, all of my symptoms seem to be jumbled together and am waiting to see what my urologist has to say next week. I'm scheduled for another colonoscopy next month to see if I can finally get my colostomy reversed, fingers crossed. Only your doctor can diagnose you, let him or her know of your concerns. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I have Crohn's in my ileum and diverticulitis plus functional gut disorder. I also had my gall bladder removed many yrs ago.

Have you had a faecal calprotectin test? Its a stool test that looks for inflammation and is used now to help diagnose inflammatory bowel disease or to help rule it out together with the other tests. Your gp may be able to request it or if you had it done maybe repeating it may help?

Have you thought about having a second opinion from a different gastroenterologist especially if your mri was showing signs of inflammation.

Let us know

Take care x

• Posted

hello. the part where you mentioned you had a load of tests done and they came back normal sounds exactly like me.

I was diagnosed with crohns a year and a half ago. I had numerous hospital trips where I had bloods done, ct scans, stool testing, everything! and the doctors weren't concerned one bit.

it wasnt until I was on deaths door and vomiting, couldnt even keep water down that they decided to do an xray of my abdomen. this showed severe inflammation and I then had a colonoscopy done.

if you are concerned you have crohns and you are having bowel issues i would suggest seeing if you can have a colonoscopy done as itd be a lot more thorough than the endoscopy. Also it would allow them to see exactly what's going on in your intestines, colon and bowel etc. also they could take a biopsy and do tests on it which would help with a diagnosis.

it is hard though sometimes to keep going I know how you feel. my crohns has picked up again and I've been pretty Ill for the past few months. I'm patiently waiting for a consultancy! but just keep asking for different test methods because that's what they're there for! and dont stop u til you get an answer.

hopefully that helps 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.