Posted , 4 users are following.
Chronic pain, LEFT UPPER abdomen and chest, already for 5 months.
I would be curious to know if my symptoms, especially my pain in LUQ matches those if you guys, with Crohns. I dont have bleeding, have only constipation, and a positive calprotectin test.
- Dull pain, sometimes also feeling like bubbles, mostly under lower left ribcage. Worsens with body movement like moving fast around the house (but not with shaking of for example going on a car).
- Sometimes also at heart level, rarely radiating towards armpit. Occasional back pain, also in left side. No pain in right side, be abdomen or chest.
- Pain started 5 months ago. One lung infection 4 months ago (pain reduced temporarily with antibiotics).
- Periodic constipation and occasional nausea and heartburn.
- Besides body movement, pain also worsens after fatty meals and stress.
- Doctor first suspected as pericartitis or pleurisy, then costochondritis, now suspected to be IBS) Says it can't be Crohns dye to lack of diarrhoea and bleeding.
- Blood tests all normal (blood count, thyroid, liver)
- Negative celiac, negative H. pylori, no blood in stool).
- Normal ECG, normal Abdominal ultrasound, no Colonoscopy yet.
- Abnormal tests: slightly elevated IgA (but only barely above upper limit); weak positive calprotectin stool test (intestine inflammation), low ferritin.
- I have mody diabetes (mild), controlled by diet, and periodontal disease (with periodic flare-ups). Age 36, male
- My suspected diagnosis: mild diverticolitis, Crohns or IBD, pleurisy or something related, fibromyalgia, Lyme's, B12 deficiency, Chronic pancreatitis, Costochondritis
Has anyone experienced something similar? Upper abdomen pain, under lower ribcage, that worsens with simple body movement? It's very localised pain. Never changes location.
Is there any way of controlling my pain with diet? (Tried already GF and FODMAP without much improvement) Haven't tried any medication yet. Pain refuses to go away.
0 likes, 6 replies