could this be derealization please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, Ive had anxiety for years, I went out today to the supermarket but the minute i got there I started feeling strange, I felt very lightheaded like i was about to pass out I felt so lightweight i went outside straight away my heart was going crazy, felt like i was going to die..is this all anxiety related? When i was at home i was fine only when i got there this happened, I was given 80mg slow release propranolol and only took one and stopped because of side effects im afraid to even take that I dont know what to do im very scared im 21 and i just want my life back

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

would definitely say its anxiety related have had the same symptoms myself .

I would make a appointment will your GP to see what he/she thinks   

• Posted

Hi Megan,

Definitely anxiety related. So sorry for your pain. Anxiety will not kill you but it can make you feel like it.Try to remember that you are not your feelings..anxiety..manage it instead of it managing you. Observe it without letting it take charge. Breathe deep and you take charge.

Hugs.

Cindy

• Posted

Thanks so much, would u say the propranolol could help? im not sure to keep taking it
  • Posted

What are you actually worrying about, Megan? What terrible thing do you fear?

You should talk to your GP about the dose of propranolol, but do bear in mind that the maximum dose is 160 mg, anad you're nowhere near that.

• Posted

Would definitely say it's anxiety. I have anxiety/paranoia and the same thing happens to me. I feel dizzy, light headed, everything fades to a white sort of color and I feel like I'm going to faint.

Of course, to each their own everyone has their own opinions. Have you ever considered natural remedies to help your anxiety? I personally advocate them because of 2 reasons: the first being I personally don't want to have to depend on medicine to feel okay, and second being I don't really have much faith in how good modern medicine (at least for things like mental illness) actually is for people in the long term.

I go to yoga a few times a week and find it extremely helpful. There is so much to focus on when in yoga: Your body, all the sensations happening throughout your body, your poses, and your breathing - it has to be kept at a steady constant flow the entireity of your practice (that is the goal anyways). Mediation, although I am new to it, has helped a lot as well. Right now I just sit and try and meditate for 2 minutes every day, I am working my way up.

Other natural remedies I have heard of is lavendar oil. Apparently it is phenominal at soothing and calming people - which is just what us anxious folk need in our lives lol. You could get a diffuser, or maybe those scent sticks, even some Frebreeze (I would suggest getting real lavender oil - the more natural/real the better IMO). I picked up a bottle of pure lavender essential oil, and put a drop under my nose/top of my lip when I am feeling really anxious or paranoid and I find it really helps me a lot to calm down. That paired with my meditation and I have noticed a lot of changes in the way not only my mind feels but my body feels much less tense, much more relaxed than it has in years. I have only been doing these for a few weeks and have noticed visible changes in the way I feel, look, and think - my mood has been great for the most part the last 2 weeks. I highly recommend trying some of these!

• Posted

Thats exactly how i felt, thank u so much for the great advise i would prefer to try natural remedies as well so i will try the lavender thanks again smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.