Could this be Endo?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm looking for some advice.

Every other month from the age of 16 (I'm 24 now) often i am ripped from my sleep, feeling like I have period pain (periods for me are normally extremely painful and heavy anyway, but nothing like this) , I go to the toliet as by now I know what it is, after about 10 minutes of being awake i get this intense wave of pain that is so unbearable it's almost indescribable. For me I have to sit on the toliet and just moan in agony as it's hands down the worst pain i have ever experienced, no position helps, it's so quick that no pain relief acts quick enough, it causes me to sweat excessively, my body pulses, my head throbs, I get pins and needles in my legs and sometimes I feel like I get temporary loss of control below waist (like unable to feel, lift my legs or stand up). and the pain in my abdomen is so bad the first time I had it I passed out temporarily. (I had an ambulance called for me by my nan the first time it happened) but unfortunately, and I'm not sure if this is the case everyone else but the pain only lasts around 10-20 minutes. I know it doesn't seem a long time but every minute is pure agony. i want to call an ambulance as I have no way of dealing with the pain but by the time an ambulance would have arrived, the pain will have reached its worst and I will slowly be coming back to some sense. For me the only method of coping with the pain is having a poo. this probably sounds weird but I for me that intense strain on my body I feel is only relieved when I force something out. it doesn't cure the pain but since the first time I had one, up until now, i have always found having a poo when i have them pains seems to subside it, or make it go away quicker. I'm not sure if its related/linked as during my period I get stabbing/ shooting pains in my anus and thighs and I have read that cysts can grow there. I have had both an normal ultrasound and a vaginal one. they didn't show anything. but I am convinced pain like this is not normal! (despite the doctors playing it off like it's just normal cramping and giving me every birth control and pain relief that doesn't work) me and my partner are trying for a baby so the worry is even more present of if I have it, has it made me infertile. I am planning to go to the doctors and request a laparoscopy. despite my fears of it.

Does this sound like symptoms of endo, or something else?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.