Could this be endometriosis?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi.

I am 18 years old, i first started my period when i was 11.

Ive always suffered with bad periods from what i can remember. My mom said they will be bad you have just started your periods.

Its been 7 nearly 8 years of having really bad painful periods. They are really heavy back in school i had to wear 2 pads incase i leaked because i wasnt allowed to go to the toilet in lessons sometimes i had to walk out of lessons because i felt like i was going to leak.

I have been the doctors alot they have give me different contraceptive pills but i had bad side affects from them they told me i cant take them or have the implant , injection or the copper coil .

The pains i have are that bad they make me cry. I have one day where im in bed with a hot waterbottle, the pain is all in my lower back,pelvic area and the top of my legs.

I get shooty bum pains and poo a lot. When i go to the toilet i get alot of pain and sometimes end up screaming 'ahhhhhh ' cus it hurts when i poo

I could be walking and get this bum pain and im rolling around on the floor because it hurts too much.

My mood swings are terrible they change so quick.

I also have irregular periods, pain during sex, i bloat and sleep loads the week before my period begins.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chloe,

I have endometriosis & I had the exact same symptoms as you. I got my period at 11 as well & I just used naprogesic for pain it worked well for me. But when I got married and started trying for a baby they found I had a big cyst in my ovary & needed to do a laparascopy to remove it & that's when they found out I had endometriosis. I think you should get an ultrasound done to see if you have any cysts on your ovaries. If you don't have a cyst, it does not mean you don't have endometriosis. You should push for a laparascopy before it keeps growing & ruins your reproductive system like it nearly ruined mine. Don't mean to scare you but I wish someone had given me this advice at your age. I'm now 26 & was only diagnosed last year.

• Posted

Hi! My name is Alana, your case sounds like endo. For sure. My period started at the age of 13, three months later I was going to the hospital monthly on my period for pain.. the put me on the shot and I was on it for five years until I was experiencing pain all the time with no period, constantly at first i thought I was pregnant because I wasn't bleeding.. no it was the disease so, they don't tell you that when you go on birth control that it doesn't stop your endometriosis at all. It just slows it down, but the lining is still coming out, I'm 21 tomorrow and due for my first surgery on the 27th of June..

I've been doing a lot of research.. I mean a lot. And I've put myself on a constricted diet. And it's been helping a lot, I'm five days in, and already the pain in my back is almost gone (mind you a week ago I was just in the hospital for my pain) my hips feel so much better, it's no longer pulsing as I walk, and my cramping is just okay, I've popped a narco twice since I've started this diet.

The diet is pretty tough though, but if your in as much pain as I was, it's worth it. Plus I lost 10lbs already.

The diet is, No Dairy, No Red Meats, No Grains, No Coffee Or Tea, No Added Sugar. No Soy Products. If it comes in a box or a can, also, it probably has pain written all over it.

Veggies, fruits, fish and chicken, are my best friends right now.

There is a lot of estrogen in foods we consume, and what endometriosis is, is an imbalance in hormones. Particularly estrogen. All the foods that are banned have a ton in them. In order to not feel pain, you need to balance your hormones.

Seems simple but it sucks like honestly I want to shove so much bacon and ice cream down my throat.. but my pain is soooooooooooooooo soooo sooooooooo very much better.

• Posted

Shastapie, who told you that endo is a hormonal imbalance? I ask because I've been dealing with it for a very long time (am in my 60s) and all of my surgeries confirmed what all science with which I am familiar says, i.e., that endo occurs when uteran cells grow outside the uterus. In my surgeries what's been removed are always confirmed to be those misplaced uteran cells.

If I had just had a hormonal imbalance, I wouldn't have needed all these surgeries. Could you please share with us the links to scientific reports supporting what you say? I would appreciate that very much.

• Posted

Ditto what 2Carole said. Keep in mind that no matter what any medico says, there's only one way to be sure about endo, and that's the laparoscopy. If no one wants to do it because of your youth, remind them how many years you've been menstruating.

• Posted

Chloe,

I agree with the other comments. I had occassional bouts of pain, and turns out I had a cyst on my ovary. I was diagnosed with endo 2 years ago. To echo what Carole said, I am struggling with fertility now, presumable from endo. In addition to the pain you're feeling, if having children is something that will be important to you, I would highly suggest pushing for an ultrasound and/or laparoscopy. Do you research before searching for a gynocologist, and find one that specialized in endometriosis.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.