could this be firbo?Please help

Posted , 8 users are following.

hello all

i ahve a very painfull left arm....its aches and hurts all day and when i press it its really painful.

its mosty by my elbow, on the arm just below the collor bone and my shoulder...they sometimes throb and its really really painful when i press it?

scared its my heart causing this..

i also have a few other painful pooins all over my body but there not as painful as my left arm.

please help

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi meljenk I have a similar pain in my shoulder and arm I have had frozen shoulder for 5 months when I reach out to get something it is very painful  and when I reach up it is very limited.if you have recently had a fall or a trauma frozen shoulder can be brought on by this..gentle hugs

shirl

• Posted

have it check cause you may have a trapped nerve mine started about 10 years ago and has got worst the doctor will referr you for a scan to find out goodluck
  • Posted

i can move my arm no problem and the movement doesnt cause pain.. it throbbs when its rested and when i press it
  • Posted

meljenk:  I have the same pain...It's horrible...It is part of your fibro, most likely...feel better soon...
  • Posted

Snap , I have exactly the same , you just do not know what to do or where to put your elbow , its deep inside , as if its in your bone , it goes away for a couple of hours and then its back again , havnt done anything different  but its back , my pain is also in my armpit as well , it just moves around, my Consultant says its my fibromyalgia , but get your GP to check you out , i rub gel into my elbow to get a little relief , hope this helps you a little  x
    • Posted

I've just come back from my doctors and he just said its inflammation where the muscles connect to my scapula? 😳😒 does that happen in the arm but and fingers???? I think not!
    • Posted

They call it connective tissue , and mine is in a L shape from my sternum ,under my breast into my armpit, up to my collar bone into my neck muscles and down my arm via my elbow usually stops there, but now and then my fingers take their turn !!!!!!!!!  x
    • Posted

They call what connective tissue? What I have or fibro? I can't see it being muscle when it's on my shoulder blades top of my arm, under my arm and my fingers
    • Posted

Hi again , connective tissue attatches muscles to bones and links bones together at joints , my Gp told me its all about ligaments cartlidge tendons and thats what my pain relates to , wasnt very good at biology at school so not sure what goes where , hope you feel better tomorrow x
    • Posted

Thank you. I just want the pain to go away. It comes to goes then it comes again :-( but the tender points never completely disappear 😢
    • Posted

Hi meljenk;   as someone else asked, have you hurt your arm/had a fall etc in the past 6 months or so??? There is such a thing as Tendonites (as your doctor has said "its inflammation"....this is a very tender condition....if you get to the stage of "not being able to put arm behind your back", then it is Definately Tendonites......try rubbing it with a "warming gel"..hot packs....and if no improvement, maybe your dr will order an ultra-scan???  Also if inflammation, did your doctor advise re the taking of an Anti-inflammatory (eg Ibobrufen)???? 

​If on other hand, this/these pains are ALL over your body,or similar discomfort, and been bothering you for a period of time, (more than 6 months),  then perhaps it is worth thinking of some other condition, and having an opinion from either an Orthopadic Surgeon/Rhuematologist could help you????.....Bron

• Posted

I am sorry that you are in pain , I would definitely check it out with a doctor. I couldn't say if it was fibro , Good Luck !!
    • Posted

There are several symptoms that fit under FibroMyalgia and so many other things with the same symptoms. I would say ollow up with doctor.
  • Posted

They say that there is no blood test for Fibro , there is it is still new to the market and they haven't had enough studies yet. Mant doctors do the trigger testing which some take to heart , and well I don't believe you can be labeled something that no one nknows the cause or r the cure,.
  • Posted

Hi I might be able to help with a cure I have been studying for some years human illnesses and the efects comunication could play on ones self there is a lot of information on this that I have but it is mainly to do with timeing I can offer you a bit of knowledge if you message me your name I could write a text that could relieve you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.