Could this be gallbladder?

Posted , 12 users are following.

For the last three months I have felt iller than I have ever felt in my life. It started with shoulder pains - really annoying ones in mid-June last year. Because I travel a lot for my job and because I teach I thought my shoulder pain was due to overexertion. But four months later in late October I got heartburn and I was told I had acid reflux. I immediately changed my diet and took meds as I should but it didn't improve. Instead the meds made it worse and I ended up struggling to breathe by New Years day. Through it all I was constipated and if I did defecate (sorry! *_*) at times it would be light brown, almost camel coloured (really sorry). My urine was also a dark yellowish, orange shade. It kept getting worse after that. Even my left shoulder ached and I had lots of headaches. After seeing three doctors I was still not satisfied as nothing they gave me worked and my right shoulder ached even more as did my right side - constant discomfort or nausea. My last doctor said that it may be a gallbladder problem. Can this be? I'm going to see a surgeon in March and maybe it'll be confirmed then... but can this really be Gallbladder. Can it cause all these things to happen?

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update:

Just got a call that I will be getting an ultrasound on the 19th of February and the rest is up to the doctors who treat me there. This could not have come any sooner as I've already started experiencing pain on the left side of my body (especially a burning pain on my left shoulder blade) and a dry throat. I don't know what to think... Let's just hope that my problem will be resolved before this year is out.

• Posted

Excellent you'll feel better once scan is done you'll have an idea what is causing it all then 👍😀
    • Posted

So happy you can verify if you have stones and get them out! Keep us informed!!!   lol
  • Posted

I'm getting even stranger symptoms which make me believe that I may be having heart problems as well. Pain in the jaw, pain on both shoulders, chest pain, weighted arms. The last doctor I saw (which was about a month ago) said he couldn't find anything wrong with my heart or lungs, even said that I looked extremely healthy and that I have no physical sign of illness. All this even though he did diagnose me with gallbladder problems.
    • Posted

Gallbladder can cause a slew of problems. Since your heart and lungs are good I would venture to say it is your gb. Concentrate on getting that fixed and quit streeing over what might be. Stress can cause you problems too. Although , I do understand where you are coming from. Get that gb taken care of and go frm there! Good luck to you! Keep us posted. We all care...neutral
    • Posted

Can gallbladder problems change the way you breath. An make your stomach feel like it expandshould lol.

I am so I'll an i think all this can't be gallstones. Stiff neck dizzyness. Breathing difficultly can't breath through my belly

I don't always get belly pains

• Posted

Hi, its not impossible but in view of doc checking heart and lungs recently I would take it that anything serious he would have had some indication. I think you are worrying,quite rightly so what's wrong. Fortunately not too long to wait for scan now. I think when we think something is wrong with us we noticed every little thing where normally we would just brush it off and carry on. One nurse that I saw said gallbladder problems can cause all sorts of weird symptoms, and as discussed on here some have identical symptoms others have something not so regular. Try not to worry too much. get the scan results ( I would ask if you can look at screen when done it, I saw mine it was like stonehenge! To which I was rather surprised). Then when you've got the results you can see where to go from there. i know easier said than done, take care
    • Posted

Thanks. I am really in a Panic about all this. There are not any heart problems in my side of the family but we've always had digestive problems. Grandad died of colon cancer, his brother died coz of his kidneys. My aunt recently had her gb removed and she's doing well but these symptoms are killing me.
    • Posted

Having gallbladder symptoms aggravates the nerves we all were anxious ..constantly feeling nauseous when you eat , gnawing pain and fear of colic attacks.. If you have heart problems it will show up on your pre op appointment .they check everything ... ECG .. Blood pressure swab you for mrsa and blood tests for mad cow disease... You will get a total overhaul ... 

My family have heart issues and my aunts and mum always say you don't wonder if you've got heart problems you know .. It's damn painful and your fingers and lips turn bluish from lack of oxygen if your having an attack ...so try not to stress ...

• Posted

Update

Well this is why I hate Govt hospitals.

What I thought was an appointment for an ultrasound turned into a consultation that lasted practically the whole day. The doctor confirmed what my gp had already told me and scheduled me for an Ultrasound on April the 14th however bloodwork was done on the very day that I went to see the doctor so I am glad of that. As for my symptoms - they have not improved at all but at least I am not on death's door - just in a lot of discomfort. Anyways, will keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the concern and best wishes and encouragement. You have no idea how much they really help.

• Posted

Hello tamsyn59552..... I have been following this thread because I have exactly the same symptoms you described.... I had a HIDA scan which revealed a dysfunctional gallbladder.

I hope you will respond...... I would like to know if you indeed had your gallbladder removed and did it resolve all your symptoms? Hope to hear back from you thanks in advance for your reply.

• Posted

Waiting for Hida scan. Had everything else. Shoulders killing me (fronts,) jaw, teeth on left side, mostly, neck/ears, under right ribs, on & on. Only find enlarged common bile duct which, I'm told, is common. They think I'm crazy, I know. I keep searching for someone else w/similar sxs & found this site. Hope things go well for all.

• Posted

Hello Cindy Lou Who.... it's been two months since you responded to my post that we share similar symptoms. I was hoping to find out whether or not you did have your HIDA scan and what the results were? I'm still suffering with the same symptoms have not had my gallbladder removed yet. My HIDA scan ejection fraction was 17%. Hoping to hear back from you and hoping you are feeling better look forward to an update from you.

• Posted

Did you end up having our gallbladder taken out? Dealing with the same symptoms jaw ear and teeth pain but doctor doesn’t think it has anything to do with my gb

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.