Could this be gallbladder?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I get a sort of burning, sizzling feeling in my upper right abdomen, quite high up. I usually get it after my evening meal but can sometimes get it during the afternnoon. When I lay on my right side the burning, sizzling feeling starts off again and when I press the area with my fingers it often stops, but then starts again when I take my hand away. I've had an ultrasound which was clear. My Alkaline Phosphatase was a little raised. I would be grateful for other members feedback/advice. Thank you.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes sounds like it is gallstones as this it what i had until i had my gallbladder and stones removed last year
    • Posted

Thanks Tracy, I suppose it's unlikely to get any better. I had major surgery last year; really don't want more and the stories I've been reading about GB removal are a bit scary re ongoing pain etc.

Deb

• Posted

Hi yes your symptoms sound like gallbladder. Unfortunately i didnt really have a choice i was in unbearable pain and taken to hospital in an ambulance ans then taken to theatre to have mine removed unfortunately i am one of the unlucky ones that is still suffering. But everyone is different i suppose it depends on how much pain and ongoing symptoms u are suffering. Honestly if i knew then what i know now i wouldnt have had mine out but then again the surgeon that did mine was horrible and left me with open wounds and still bleeding. The surgeon did my surgery then left for the day i was then discharged by a nurse. I got home the blood was running down my stomach i had bad care at my hospital
    • Posted

Interesting that your gall bladder problems started after your operation. That occured to me as well. Perhaps the infection that followed. they had to give me antibiotics Flagel and Cipro. Neither worked but the third drug Vancomyacin worked. The diarreha started the day of the operation continued until last week. The problems and pain in the back stopped after I stopped eating meat. I suspect gall bladder. Ultra sound showed stones.
    • Posted

That sounds awful coral. I hope you find an end at some point to this suffering. What I am experiencing is just uncomfortable and annoying, nothing compared to you by the sounds of it.

deb

• Posted

Hi James

i had an infection too after my surgery and was given loads and loads of really strong antibiotics. Connection?

deb

• Posted

Gallstones do not always show up on ultrasound scan you are really better off having MRI.

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah

i don't think the GP can refer for MRI and they are so expensive privately. If it starts to get worse I will have to consider the MRI route. I am trying to manage it by diet at the moment.

deb 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.