Could this be gallbladder or something else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

About 2 months ago I started getting this burning, crampy pain under my shoulder blades every single day for most of the day. It's mostly on the right side and sometimes I feel it a little on the left. It wraps around the front of my ribs and feels like there's something stuck under the ribs. Around the same time I found out I have gastritis, GERD, and Barrett's esophagus. The ER doctor said the back pain was from gastritis but the problem is when I take Zantac or antacids the stomach pain goes away but the back pain stays. It gets a lot worse when I'm standing, walking, or eating. It seems like it starts while I'm actually eating instead of afterwards. I can't walk for long without having to hold my back in pain and go sit down. Even when I sit down it doesn't help once it starts. The only thing that helps is going to sleep and then it usually won't start until sometime the next day. I'm worried that it might be my gallbladder or something wrong with my intenstines. My doctor is sending me for an ultrasound of the gallbladder soon but she thinks it is costochondritis. It really doesn't feel muscular and she gave me Tylenol with codeine to take. I took one today and it felt like it helped for a little then I started eating and it came back. Since these problems started I have been getting panic attacks, rapid heart beat, heart palpitations, pelvic pains, and vertigo. Does this sound like it could be the gallbladder or something else? Any help would be appreciated thank you.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Take a look at an anatomy image of the bowel. It wraps around the entire abdomen. Maybe your pain is related to the bowel.
  • Posted

All your symtoms are that of gerd. That vertigo you are talking about....do you feel light headed and dizzy and heavy in your head. I have it too and the panic attack feeling is nothing bUT overwhelming feeling because of too much acid.

Atleast that's the case with me especially when I am on a low dose of antacids. I was on omiprazole

for three years and now that medicine is not working on me anymore. The doc gave me dexilant and o have been light headed and all my symtoms of burning and breathlessness are back. I am going to ask her to increase the dose and then see what happens.

Hope you feel better!!

I can relate to your pain

• Posted

Try getting your partner to "burp" you and see what happens.
  • Posted

Well, I had your exact pains and the rest of your complaints. Had my gallbladder removed and guess what?! The pain is still there and getting worse. Surgery was 2 1/2 years ago. Don't let them take your GB out, unless it's life or death. In addition to the pain, I have been sick everyday for over two years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.