Could this be Gastroparesis?

Posted , 4 users are following.

someone mentioned Gastroparesis and i did research and my symptoms match most of it, but i wanted to get other peoples opinions.

i had my gallbladder out 7 months ago, and i have nausea that won't go away. i have also thrown up in the past. the nausea has lessened a little, but won't completely go away.

i also have loss of appetite, i have to force myself to eat, but i'm losing weight. right after the surgery i thought i was going to die, i even scared my husband cause i couldn't hold any food down. i lost 25lbs in 3 months. i survived on protein shakes.

i also contracted c Diff which is a bacterial infection of the colon. i think i got it one of the many trips to the ER. i was even hospitalized for 2 days because of it. i took antibiotics for it so i pray that it's gone.

i feel weak and shaky. i've been eating bland for 7 months now. i miss food. i haven't been back to work yet. my GI gave me zofran and phenagren but it only takes the edge off, doesn't take it away completely. my heart rate also stays above 100 now. i can feel it pounding sometimes. i'm also getting stomachaches after i eat. when i was throwing up, sometimes my food would come back up whole.

my GI has did bloodwork, CT scans, x rays, MRI, upper endoscopy. everything comes back normal. she wants to do a barium swallow test next, but i don't have insurance so i can't afford the test so i'm trying to get financial assistance. she said she may also do a colonscopy.

i'm now depressed because of all of this. i cry just about everyday. it's torture to know everyday i will wake up sick. i pray everyday that i will feel better and be normal again.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi shannon. Do you have nausea even before you had the gallbladder surgery? Just try to calm yourself down..It might be hard to deal with something that they can't identify. Just hang on there..you have love one's support try your best to be tough.

• Posted

yes I had nausea on and off for 3 years before the gallbladder surgery. it would last for months then disappear. I never went to the doctor to find out why.

• Posted

Hi Shannon ,

sounds like symptoms I had years back . Thyroid.....overactive thyroid was my problem...I was having Thyroid storms..Blood pressure through the roof ! Muscle weakness , sweats , vomiting , nausea ect . May be something to check out .

I hope this simple fix will help . It took me forever just to get a doctor to check my Thyroid !

Best of luck to you & Feel well soon , Linda

• Posted

you need to have a gastric emptying study for gastroparesis. only way to find out. your symptoms do sound like gastroparesis but need that test to confirm. have you been checked for sibo?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.