Could this be genital herpes

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Had unprotected sex, got a case of BV and thrush, had treated it both and it all cleared up. This was about a month ago, now about five days ago i had rough unprotected sex, interally had a few cuts from fingernails.. did bleed from it 100% so i know that there are laccerations from that. Was quite sore, then got thrush again the next day. Treated it, it's slowly going.. almost gone. Now i have noticed two bumps come up, right where the hair ends growing in the labia minora so i'm not sure if it's ingrown hairs or not.. did look with a torch to see if i could see ingrown hairs underneath them but i can't seem to see any. Also have a lacceration inside the opening of my vagina but i think that this is from the fingernails. will attach a photo. Am off to the doctors this afternoon to get them swabbed.. did think initially the thrush was just my body trying to deal with the cuts inside.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It might just be ingrown hairs or a side effect of your BV/Thrush. Keep us posted.

• Posted

Unfortunately a lot more became adament, still waiting swab results but it's definitely herpes. Am on Valtrex already as they have gotten quite painful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.