could this be herpes?

Posted , 5 users are following.

!so for the last 4 months sex has been very painful, even when i haven't had sex with my boyfriend for a while and then we have sex for the first time it still hurts.

The pain is around the opening of the vagina and on both sides, but its not inside.

I have attached a picture because I noticed a lesion near the opening of my vagina and I was wondering what it could be from because I think that is the source of the pain.

If it is herpes, would sex really be painful all the time for 4 months? As I have heard herpes occurs in episodes and don't know if it could last that long?

I did get screened for sexual diseases like a month ago and they found nothing for chlamydia,ghonnorea, trich and HIV. I'm not sure if they check for herpes, but they haven't called to say I have anything. They swabbed my cervix and took bloods, but said everything looked normal - despite this the same kind of pain occurred when they were examining me with a speculum, so i don't know if they just didn't see the lesion then as they definitely didn't swab it or say it was there. imageimage

also think the lesion has grown compared with this picture which was taken a lot earlier image

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

it sure looks like a herpe lesion...does it burn if urine hits it? is it painful to touch it? how long have you had the lesion? herpe lesions usually last about 2 weeks or less...id go point it out to the dr.s...it cld be from friction too...maybe your bf is to large...id def have the dr. check it out..

• Posted

Hey sometimes it hurts when in contact with urine, other times not at all. I did initially panic and think what if its herpes...but the fact that it hasn't gone away for months means it isn't as herpes usually heal.

Also saw my GP and she referred me to a gynecologist and prescribed steroid cream to try heal it, as she said it's very strange.

• Posted

Just go back to the doctor hun. And ask them to do a blood test for herpes. If the lecisions are still there when you go back ask the docotor to swab them for herpes. From what I learned herpes testing has to be asked for .

• Posted

just found a lesion like that too. let me know what your results are. and I'll let you know what mine are.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.