Could this be hypothyroidism?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Back in January, I had this one night where I felt this crazy rush through my body, I felt like I was dying. I panicked and went to the ER, I thought I was having a stroke. Ever since that night, I have NOT been the same. I get all these crazy symptoms, for the first two months I had crazy anxiety and I would get a real fast racing heart, I could feel it. My legs and my body would shake, and my palms would get crazy sweaty. I didn’t leave my bed for a month because it was so bad. I haven’t had any mental clarity either since then, it almost feels like I have brain fog. I get crazy sharp pains/cramps in my hands, arms and legs. I also get this feeling of pressure and a sharp pain in my forehead following with the brain fog, making me go insane. About a week ago, I had a very sore throat without any cold/flu symptoms. I’ve been to the doctors several times and they have just said I have “Anxiety”, I have researched a bit about Thyroid problems and it has stated that it can cause Anxiety amongst many other symptoms. I would love to get other people’s opinion on this because I am terrified I have some deathly illness, as well to help me feel grounded that I’m not going insane. These last 3 months have been agonizing for me, I’m 21 and have never had any previous health issues.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This does not sound like typical hypothyroidism symptoms to me. The most common symptoms are: extreme fatigue, dry skin, hair loss, constipation, brain fog. Anxiety was not a symptom for me. You need a blood test for TSH, T-4, and T-3 to diagnose thyroid disease. Ask your doctor for this test.

• Posted

Hi marissa7

Have you had your vit B12, iron, vit d and magnesium tested. Low levels will cause the symptoms you describe your vit B12 for your age should be 300-500....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.