Could this be Leukemia

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

My mother was diagnosed with pneumonia back in October and was given 3 rounds of medication, non of which worked. They did a cat scan at the end of December that showed she still has pneumonia and also said " the results of your CT scan confirm either scarring or post inflammation or an atypical type of ongoing area of infection. . It is stable. Nodules were found in lower left lung. We need to monitor this finding. " results from x-ray: " Left base consolidation persists, which could be from aspiration or pneumonia or atelectasis."

Her blood these abnormal results:

WBC 3.80 k/u

RBC : 3.80 mil/uL

Neuts:46.4 %%

MCVP105.8 fL

MCH:33.4 pg

MCHC: 31.6 g/dL

Immature grans:0.3 %

Lymphs:38.7 %

Monos:12.2 %

Eos:2.1 %%

Basos:0.3 %

Haptoglobin:215 mg/dL

Vitamin B12: 899 pg/mL

Macrocytosis : found in blood

Copper154 mcg/dL

Alpha-2 fraction:1.4 g/dL

She also has had a constant fever of 101 F-104 F and a high heart rate of 115-190 doing normal activities and sleeping. She is bruising easily and has had blood in her stool. They want to do a bone marrow test but are scared she wont be able to take it because she has constant tachycardia. She is referred to see the pulmonary doctor put he does not have an appt available for 2 months. She is asthmatic and has chronic iron defiant anemia.

I currently do not live with my mother and I am very worried for her health. Do you all have any suggestions on what might be going on?

Thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.