Could this be LS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am a 22 year old male that is uncircumcised. About three weeks ago I noticed I had a sort of red irritation on my foreskin, it hurt to retract for awhile then it seemed out of no where I developed a few whiteish spots but they are translucent around my foreskin. I can completely retract when erect and flaccid and I don’t have any real pain or itching, just feels irritated on occasion. My foreskin does seem like it is constricting around like a ring though. I am not quite sure what to make of this and I was hoping to get some advice on if this is how LS started for anyone else or could this be completely different? Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Devin, I’m sorry to say this sounds very like LS. I personally don’t get the white ring that a lot of people have but I certainly have red patches on my glans and an itchy, burning, tingling sensation. I also suffered a while from tearing of the foreskin and forelenium but that seems okay since I’ve started moisturing daily. A lot of people have had a biopsy taken to confirm if it’s LS or not. I personally didn’t as the doctor was nearly 100% sure it was LS or BXO as it’s called when men suffer from it. I also didn’t want to go through the whole traumatic procedure of the biopsy.
    • Posted

So how did yours start? It’s weird I’ve seen other pictures of Ls and it’s tough to tell but idk if they add up with mine. When I pull the foreskin back the white ring disappears, I am able to see where the skin is tighter but it isn’t white anymore
  • Posted

Hello Devin, I had my LS / BXO diagnosed 7+ years ago.  I think mine started way back when I was 16 / 17 YOA when I had Phimosis / Tight Foreskin and I self-treat this by using lots of antiseptic cream over an extended period of months.  After I was able to comfortably expose the majority of my Glans I used lots of baby oil and skin lotions / creams as Lube - so, fast-forward 30 years I eventually got a severe dermatological reaction to the different skin creams / lotions I had been putting on my penis.

The LS / BXO scarring I got was located where I had managed to force-apart the different layers of foreskin when I had Phimosis as a teenager.  Here is what I would suggest you do:-

> if the foreskin is becoming tighter you definitely have something going on (think about doing regular stretches, look up Tight Foreskin - Stretching)

> watch out for any changes in the symptoms, and think back what was going on in the previous few days as to what could have caused it

- this could be anything from a moisturiser / skin lotion / cream / lube / condom, etc that you had applied to your penis.

> you need to be aware that IF it is that you have LS / BXO it is an Autoimmune condition and you may want to look at the dietary factors associated with these

> for a while at least, wash your penis with water only, draw the foreskin forward when you take a bath or shower so that no chemicals from shower gels / soaps / hair shampoo get on your glans and foreskin - then when you have done everything else, expose the head of your penis and wash it with the water only AND make sure you are 100% dry. ALSO, every time you urinate, are sexually aroused or have ejaculated you need to remove all such liquids from the foreskin and glans of your penis straight away = wash + 100% dry.

If your symptoms become really bad, go to a sexual health clinic, or ask your Doctor to refer you to a Dermatologist ..... Good Luck .....

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, I am trying to remember what such symptoms I had but the only thing I really remember was I never had the typical phimosis my foreskin has always been able to retract over my gland flaccid or erect but three weeks ago before this all started I heard a red sratch looking irritation on the front of my foreskin. It was only painful to retract because of that scratch, but even though it was painful I still did it anyways. Then now two weeks from that paint I have this going on. So I have no idea what could have happened or if LS can really progress this quickly if that’s the case?
  • Posted

By saying 'trying to remember what symptoms' suggests, same as myself, that stuff can go on down there without us noticing it, or perhaps, us attending to it. I certainly had negative stuff going on for many years, and it was not until I got the horrendous scarring that would not heal that I had to seek Professional medical attention for it.

So, yes, in answer to your question - once we start attending to stuff like this, things can seemingly, quickly progress!

I suggest you follow all the points I made in my initial response, and, closely monitor the 'business end' of your penis at least every other day to see if your symptoms worsen ....

• Posted

I appreciate the time you’ve been taking in my response, what I meant to say was I can’t really remember what could have caused it, I perfectly remember what happened though. It was about three weeks ago I noticed I had a red scratch looking irritation on my foreskin (it wasn’t a ring or anything) I figured it was irritation from a condom or maybe I just scratched it. It was painful it that exact spot to retract my foreskin for awhile then it seemed in like a weeks time the ring appeared around that area. And it’s like grayish but it’s still translucent like what your skin is. The pain isn’t there anymore so I’m not sure what I’m dealing with lol I’m just gonna monitor like you said I have an appointment with a urologist so we shall see

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.