Could this be lyme?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

Last October i had really bad digestive issues. Bloating/constipation and gas. I tried every single over the counter remedy, and nothing worked. Fast forward to December, and i found out i was pregnant. I started to feel a bit spaced out, it felt like i was extremely high. It would come and go, along with some headaches every couple of days, which with a little tylenol would be gone.This went away after a few weeks, and then a week later i miscarried. I did not feel spaced out, or have the headaches again until about 3 week later, and now the spaced out feeling is 24/7 from when i wake up to when i go to bed for the past 4 months. It feels like being drunk or high all the time.

I am certain that these issues have some link to digestive problems, because the spaced out feeling gets worse when i eat sugar/carbs. I have been to a gastro who did some stool samples, and the only thing that came back was yeast overgrowth in stool. He gave me nystatin for 10 days, and it didn't do anything except make me a little more regular with my bowel movements. He wanted to do a colonoscopy, but i have put that on hold because i don't want to go under anesthesia with my head feeling this way. Other symptoms i am experiencing:

Extreme light sensitivity

Achy neck

I do not have vertigo standing, but notice i feel very dizzy if tilting my head backwards only

Heartburn only after "bad" foods

Bloating

Constipation

Stomach pressure

Itchy ears/nose/anus

Post nasal drip

Tickling throat/dry cough

Itching/red vagina 

Urgency/frequency urination (microscopic blood found in urine)

Undigested food in stools

White tissue bits in urine and stool

Yellow nut looking things in stool sometimes without consuming nuts

Tingling in hands and feet

Itching on palms of hands and feet, but no rash

I have had a ct scan of the head which was normal, and have been tested for celiac twice. I also read about yeast overgrowth issues seems my gastro found overgrowth in my stool. I saw a doctor who deals with yeast overgrowth who has given me nystatin and diflucan to try. I have given it a go, but i am 3 weeks into treatment now with 0 improvement.

My doctor said i may have yeast overgrowth, but she is starting to wonder if that is just one of my issues. She said that she has never heard of light sensitivity being described as a symptom of yeast overgrowth, and she is starting to wonder if there are other problems going on. I have never had a lyme rash, or been bitten by a tick to my knowledge. I don't travel to places where i could of been bitten, and i live in Texas where it is pretty rare. Does this sound like lyme? I am at my wits end, because nothing seems to work for whatever this is

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Your doc sounds switched on. I'm not a doctor but many years ago went on the candida diet which was really tough (no dairy, sugar, alcohol, caffeine, yeast, wheat - not easy!) and made me feel more drained at first,  but after a month or so I felt like a different person. I didn't stick to it after a year because I got pregnant but it certainly gave me an upturn in my health. I had ibs, brain fog, lack of energy, depression, headaches, etc which all dramatically improved on this diet (with supplements). if you go for it, do it with guidance from a professional so you don't become undernourished. I was under a nutritionist. Also do you drink enough water? Headaches and urine problems can be aleviated by drinking more water. Has your thyroid been checked? 
    • Posted

Never mind, just realized i don't think you can PM on here. My story has since changed because i first posted this 2 months ago. Here is the latest:

Things i have tested for:

Thyroid-Fine 

Diabetes-Negative (Although blood sugar slightly out of range)

General blood testing- Ok (neutrophils that fight bacteria 2 points out of range), overall white blood count within range 

CT head scan-Normal 

Food allergy testing shows no allergies 

Probiotics tried (None make any difference) 

Doctor has tried (Metronidazole as it can help fight certain bacteria in the body)- Makes symptoms 10x worse 

Nystatin and diflucan make symptoms feel 10x worse

GP a while ago said i had a sinus infection (I don't think she knew what was wrong really, she just went off me saying i had some post nasal drip and my nose runs a bit), so she gave me ceftin- This also made my symptoms feel 10x worse.

So i am not sure if any antibiotic is making me feel worse, or these certain ones irritate whatever i have going on. So i just did a CDSA stool analysis that i heard really helps show up yeast, and what is resistant/sensitive to it. I just got the results, and it shows no yeast present in my stool, and this test took 3 different samples from different days. Now i am completely disheartened because i have no idea why i feel this way, and it is really scaring me. Does anyone know other things that can cause these issues? I will give a quick run down of symptoms.

Constant drunk/high feeling 

Light sensitivity (Not so bad outside in natural light, much worse with indoor lighting) It feels like when you first wake up and turn a lamp on, but my eyes never adjust to the light, and it is constant.

Undigested food in stools 

Hard pellet stools 

Carbs/Sugar/Caffeine make symptoms worse 

Garlic and olive oil make me feel worse?

Random itching over skin but with no rash (Sometimes mild hives are present) 

Heavy feeling eyes/Sometimes feel very sleepy after food 

Feel at best first thing in the morning 

Sneezing sometimes/runny nose 

Post nasal drip 

Itchy anus/inside ears/nose/scalp/armpits

Slight runny nose sometimes 

Had chronic constipation before this for 2 months 

Had root canal-Had tooth removed, made no difference 

GI upset- Discomfort in stomach area. Sometimes pains/nausea

Acid Reflux

Recently chronic sore throat- Hurts to swallow/Swollen lymph nodes in neck

Active Epstein Barr Virus discovered 

Recently doctor told me i have a heart murmur

Had a food sensitivity test that showed no food sensitivities, but a high IgE

Chest pain

Stabbing sensation at temples

Twitching- stomach area/legs/back/feet. I cannot visibly see the skin move, but i can feel the sensation under skin 

• Posted

Many of those symptoms are present with Lyme and unfortunately with other conditions too.. What does the doctor say about Epstein Barr being active? Isn't that significant?  Symptoms of that are very similar to early Lyme - my daughter had Lyme but they thought she had glandular fever (as we call it in uk) at first until the EB test was negative. First Lyme test was negative too.   Abx often make you feel worse in the beginning especially with Lyme - hard to know if it's the drugs themselves or die off causing it. My daughter felt really ill for the first couple of months at least when she started treatment and had to try a mild er antibiotic to start with due to her initial reaction.  One distinctive difference between your symptoms and Lyme is joint pain which was bad in my daughter from quite early on and she couldnt put any weight on one knee. Three or so months after infection she was also getting very sharp pains in her limbs. (She obv had european lyme but not that different from usa variety).

Btw you can pm on this site -click on the envelope icon.

• Posted

Where is the envelope located? I can't find it
    • Posted

At the top of this message where our names are on the righthand side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.