Could this be melanoma?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Could this mole (?) on my back be melanoma? It must have changed its shape recently - it is more raised and I can feel it with my hands while washing. It does not hurt or itch and does not look like a regular mole.  

I was hoping that someone on this forum had a similar skin growth diagnosed by a dermatologist and can provide some insight into the procedure. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It could be, more likely a skin tag. These tags get irritated by clothing and towel drying and become more evident.

Get an appointment from your GP to go to the dermatology clinic. Mind you your GP will look at it in detail and if it is suspicious will send you anyway.

Mike.

• Posted

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll take your advice and make an appointment with my GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.