Could this be MS ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I will try and make this as brief as possible !!!

I have been going backwards and forwards to my GP for a few years now with all kinds of aches, pains and issues - been to GI, physio and latterly ENT as I have gone deaf in one ear only which is accompanied with constant white noise tinnitus in that ear. I was sent back to my GP by ENT for referral to neurology as I have balance issues and they have ruled out ENT causes. GP gave me a really thorough examination (best I have had in years!) and said he really has no clue - but there's definate issues - and will gladly refer me and in the mean time get a full brain MRI (as neurology waiting list is long). I had bloods taken - and my thyroid tsh is slightly raised from last reading (still not at a level that is treatable) - and I know that MS/ thyroid symptoms can be similar - although I have read there's a rare MS that actually starts as unilateral hearing loss. I am wondering if anyone here has had MS start this way? I would say I have had lower back and neck issues, pins and needles in hands, restless legs, fatigue, brain fog, random rashes and constipation for a good 4 years now - and nothing pinpointed! I also get very occasional dizzy spells and feel very unsteady when walking on uneven surfaces.

Thanks for reading 😃 - please help if you can 😃

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hey there,

so i was diagnosed in 2017 with MS. went into the hospital with optic neuritis. Came home 3 days later. only thing i really ever experienced was pins and needles in my left arm and hand a few years before being diagnosed. They call MS the snowflake disease because everyone with MS is so different their symptoms etc. keep me posted after you find out your MRI results thru your GP.

hang in there

jaime

• Posted

Thanks Jaime,

I will keep you posted. I can see why GP is confused though. My hearing loss is more consistent with acoustic neuroma - but that MRI was negative. I was really surprised to find out from my GP that only a very small portion of the brain is looked at in this MRI - so I need another one to look at the whole brain . I am aware MS starts with the eyes usually . At least the MRI might shed some light and I can take it from there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.