Could this be MS or something else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi im a 29 year old male just looking for abit advice...so basically for the last 2 weeks I've been getting a prickly feeling in both my hands sometimes in my feet..it started off with a full body pins and needles type of itch,which eventually calmed down after a few days but since have had this prickly feeling in my hands"like something is poking me with a pin"also I've noticed waking up in the morning more often with pins and needles type of sensation in my hands and feet.I don't have any other symptom no other limb is affected and it's only been going on for 2 weeks no vision issues,balancing,or fatigue,so I don't know if I should ride it out or go back to my doctor..i had a blood test for blood sugar which came back normal and also for a few others which also came back normal..dont know what I should do the sensations are uncomfortable at best...any advice???

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was dx with Rrms years ago. Now 13 years in my life is from a wheelchair. I’ve got 1 lesion on my brain. Going in March under anesthesia bc I’m claustrophobic for yet another full round of mri’S. I now have a dx of PPMS. My neurologist is just not sure. Will have another LP AS well. Afraid but want to know what this is. I pray for healing and the doctor to be able too treat what I have. Hope this information helps u. 
  • Posted

If it were me, I would go to a Neurologist and start by getting an EMG.  Being an anxious worrier type, I would be concerned and get it checked out.  However, based on your symptoms I would be optimistic that your symptoms are caused by something other than MS.   Are the pins/needles sensation you have the same feeling as when your leg or arm 'falls asleep'?  How long do they last?

• Posted

Hello the feeling is like a prickly/stabbing feeling in hands...i do sometimes get the tingling in feet but it's bothersome...im not diabetic or anything.ive read about periphal neurothapy but what could be the underlying cause

• Posted

Hello so a quick update..ive had a full count blood test and everthing came back normal apart from very low vitamin D which was 13..doctor has prescribed tablets which I have to take 2 times a week also I have cod liver tablets which I'm taking daily...but I'm still wondering if this could be the cause for my symptoms which are still on going.ive asked my doctor and he said "might be"more studies are being done for this,also my B12 test was 390 but the range goes upto 710 but he said b12 levels are fine..just want to know are They?I've tries staying away from Dr Google but I've been finding myself looking up the symptoms and it's coming up as peripheral nerve problem which is scary...but it says that normal starts in the feet and can effect hands,I do sometimes get tingling in my feet but the prickly pain is predominatly in both hands...can someone plz give advice

• Posted

You are so young and I hope you don’t have anything serious. I thought my 30’s was bad enough for going through all this. I know Dr. Google is hard to stay awY from but being informed is good as well. Good luck and I pray for you. Keep on the dr’s asses as they don’t move much. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.