Could this be my gallbladder?

Posted , 6 users are following.

So, usually fit and healthy then last week i get up as normal have breakfast and go to work. Then about 2 hours later on come the most horrendous stomach cramps slightly on the right side of my stomach, also feel very sick, freezing cold but warm to touch, pins and needles in my hands feet and face. My gp sent me straight to a&e with a temp of 38.6 and a low bp. Was put on iv fluids and paracetamol to bring temp down. All my bloods were normal (with 1 inflammatory indicator slightly up) and ultrasound was clear. Stayed in hospital 2 nights on iv antibiotics and painkillers. Been home now 4 days and pain is gone but I feel constantly nauseous and I have little appetite. I'm 2 antibiotics, anti sickness and omeprazole.

My issue is they were unable to give me a diagnosis and I have to wait for an out patient endoscopy, im scared to eat and scared it will happen again?! Could this be my gall bladder even tho the uss was clear?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Not sure if this could be yoour gall bladder Katy sorry that is not much help.

I have gallstones and am waiting to have my gall gladder removed. I am also on omeprazole and find they help. Take care.

All the best.

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Katy, its horrid isn't it, I had this happen over Christmas thought it was diverticulitis to begin with bit not the right symptoms, I had a scan and gallstones were found but no inflammation or blockage, so was told it was probably an ulcer, put on Omeprazole which seemed to really help and started eating pretty normally again, although being careful re fats etc. Then 2 weeks ago it kicked in again, thought I'd eaten something to aggravate the ulcer so put myself on very bland diet, also started taking apple cider vinegar as told by my Chiro of all people that maybe I needed the right acid to break food down, and I do feel a bit better. Have appointment with Doctor again Wednesday. So to answer your question yes it could be gallbladder, could also be ulcer. See if you feel better after a few days on the Omeprazole, just have bland diet, cut down on fats etc. Endoscopy will see if anything else going on if scan didn't find anything. Mainly try not to panic as the more you tense up the worse the pain can get, good luck lets hope we all get answeres soon.
  • Posted

Sounds more like an ulcer or IBS. I would say possibly pancreatitis but i imagine they tested for that and it definitely would have been elevated. If it is your gallbladder though not eating is just as bad because stored body fat will break down and cause more attacks. Best to stick with light low fat meals for now.
  • Posted

Eat small portions of bland foods. Cut out coffee, sodas, acidic foods, milk, alcohols and nuts. Pay attention to the inflamatory indicator. I have inflamation of stomach and have to take stomach acid reducers. Coupled with phantom side pain after gall bladder removal last year. Going to see endocrinologist end of month for auto-immune attacks on my organs and stomach. Will keep u posted. Good luck to you.
  • Posted

Katy I had several gall bladder attacks that I did not know were my gall bladder. My doctor didn't know what was wrong when I described the attacks I was having. The last attack lasted several hours longer than the other so I had my husband take me to the emergency room. They discovered a gall stone and an infection. They finally removed my gall bladder the next day. My symptoms were just an awful pain that felt like someone was squeezing my stomach. The pain was right under my ribs in the center. The doctors were confused because most people feel pain in the back I the right side or at the gall bladder location. I have scoliosis so my ribs are not in the right spot and niether was my gall bladder. I was vomiting with each attack but more so in the last attack. In my follow up after the surgery the surgeon said my gall bladder had been very angry for quite sometime. I am now 3 post op and still have just a burning pain where my gall bladder was. Even my shirt just touching the area hurts. But I am replying to you just to share my gall bladder attack symptoms. I think everyone can have different symptoms especially depending on the size of the stone and which tube the stone is in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.