Could this be oesophageal cancer?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So for close to 3 months Iv been feeling a weird pressure feeling around my throat no pain and am having difficulty swallowing saliva only. My throat also feels very tight when I lift my head up or move it side to side. The only reason I think this could be oesophageal cancer is because Iv had heart burn since about 13 I am 25 now. Have a endoscopy in about 2 weeks really scared at what they will find. Has any one had similar symptoms.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Long standing heartburn would probably make you at risk from Barrett's Oesophagus and various sorts of inflammation problems that might have caused the discomfort you refer to.   Barrett's Oesophagus is linked to oesophageal adenocarcinoma that normally occurs at the bottom end of the oesophagus rather than the throat.

?You clearly do need to have an endoscopy, and to have some form of long term solution to your chronic heartburn problem and why this is occurring.   The risk of cancer would be one issue.

?I do not think anybody can guarantee that this would not be cancer, but you have done the right thing in getting a proper examination to sort out the cause, whatever that might be, and more likely than not, something other than cancer.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. It's gona be a long 2 weeks until the endoscopy tho lol but hopfully evrything turns out alright.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.