Skip to content

Oesophageal Cancer

Also known as Cancer - Oesophageal

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Terrified I have esophageal cancer

Hi all! I'm a 36 year old mom to three kids and I have had gerd for over a decade now. I've tried Nexium and have been on Prevacid for 5 years. in the last 2 months I've been having some swallowing issues that I brushed off at first. But for the last 10 days I've been having pain …

Last reply
  • Advice for esophagectomy recovery???

Hello. I'm 10 days away from an esophagectomy. I'm wondering if any of you who have been through this before have advice that might be useful during the recovery stage. I used the "ankle problems" area of these boards last year and received many extremely helpful tips there for …

Last reply
  • Please help.. Esophageal cancer?!😞

To start off I am 16 years old yes I know I am young but I can’t get fact of me having esophageal cancer off my head. But let me start off when it first started which was mid November of 2017. I started having major anxiety attacks, I would get dizzy, difficult breathing and stuff like that. So I …

Last reply
  • Irritation on soft palate, panicking badly

I'm currently 19 years old, studying abroad, and it is 4 AM. I've been feeling an irritation on the right corner of my soft palate all day. On a whim, I looked up some possible causes, and the only image that's similar to my problem is a 'before' image for palatal cancer. It' …

Last reply
  • Moderate Dysplasia

I,ve been told I have moderate Dysplasia in the cells of the oesphagus and although it's not cancer it could become cancer has anyone else had these and what if any is the treatment for them I have to go for another endoscope soon because the last one also showed a lot of inflammation it's …

Last reply
  • Esophageal Squamous Cell carcinoma throat cancer.

It’s been 7 years since I started treatment and surgery for this. I was 59 years old, mountaineer, scuba diver, sailor, swimmer and cross country roller skater. I weighed 223lbs. Top shape for a 2500 mile backpacking trip. My BMI was 23. The cancer is called as in  remission but I still have …

Posted
  • RFA

anyone had radio frequency ablation if so can you tell me your experience of it please ? Thanks

Posted
  • Could this be oesophageal cancer?

So for close to 3 months Iv been feeling a weird pressure feeling around my throat no pain and am having difficulty swallowing saliva only. My throat also feels very tight when I lift my head up or move it side to side. The only reason I think this could be oesophageal cancer is because Iv had …

Last reply
  • Could this be cancer?

I am a 19 year old male with a sore throat and a hoarse voice for months now. I have developed difficulty swallowing and breathing, food often feels to be stuck in my throat. I have a history of acid reflux that has been getting worse for the past few weeks, my physician said that it is very …

Last reply
  • Endoscopy fears

Hi all, for the past 3 weeks I've been having intermittent dysphagia. I had some pain in my right shoulder blade and right chest also. I've got old gerd for a decade and have taken Prevacid and Protonix. I'm terrified that I have esophageal cancer as I've lost a few pounds. The …

Last reply
  • Worry about oesophagus cancer

Hi all, Like many on here I know I have health anxiety, but unfortunately that doesn't stop my anxiety when I get symptoms of things!  My current episode started back in december with pains in my side, I went to the doctor then and they referred me for a non urgent ultrasound. In the …

Last reply
  • Food & drink going down slowly

For the past month or so food and drink has been seeming to go down there he's slowly... In the lower part of my throat and the top of my chest. Today I had a barium swallow and even the x-ray technician said it was definitely leaving the esophagus and going into the stomach more slowly than …

Last reply
  • Scared that its esophageal cancer!

For little over a month i have been experiencing a lump sensation in the throat, adams apple area, along with the sensation of food being getting stuck when eating. Went to the ER and was told it was GERD...but im not so sure. Was referred by my Dr to see a gastroenterologist but that will be in …

Last reply
  • I'm Scared of Oesophageal Cancer? Please help!

I'm 30 years old, female, not overweight, I have Hypothyroidism, but it is within normal range, I don't drink or smoke, but I suffer with severe health anxiety and panic disorder. I've suffered with a tight full chest and throat feeling for the last 4 or 5 months. The last month, I' …

Last reply
  • Please I need opinions so badly!!

So I'm a female in her 30s. Don't smoke or drink. I do have GERD for the last 9 years and have been on omeprazole for it. For the last month and a half I have had this feeling of something in my throat. No swallowing difficulty as of yet. My throat is sore and my ear hurts. Also this …

Last reply
  • So scared 😢😢

Hi everyone. I haven't been eating for 5 weeks, liquids only due to food getting stuck on the left side of my throat. My ears have been sore and my throat has been irritated. I've been wheezing and had a cough for 4 weeks as well. I have been to the doctor and he prescribed lansoprazole and …

Last reply
  • Haven't eaten in 3 weeks!! Please someone help me!

Hi everyone, for the past 3 weeks I've been experiencing a lump in my throat. It feels like sometimes it moves round and I could swallow it or even  cough it up (sorry to be digusting) it's left me unable to eat as when I do I feel like the food is getting stuck around my Adams apple …

Last reply
  • our journey approaches the end

We are not in a good place atm. Due to the cancer being too advanced and his unable to swallow, a NJ tube has been inserted, and his been allowed home, as he wished. It's painful watching him sleep all day, his a shell. It is ethical to put a tube in knowing this will just prolong his life …

Last reply
  • Dysphagia, Food gettin stuck

Hi all, New to the thread. However having these symptoms for the past 3 years. When I wake in the morning and swallow I can feel a lump in my throat when I swallow, it's like a tiny pebble and must move into a different position after getting up from my bed. When I eat small particles of …

Last reply
  • Depressed

I'm 26 year old male with no history of smoking. From last two months I have been experiencing trouble swallowing. Food seems to get stuck mid way in my chest before going down with slight pain. Apart from that I feel burning originating from same site where food stuck and radiate to whole …

Last reply
  • Weight loss after surgery

Can anyone tell me when I will stop loosing weight. I had an Ivor Lewis op in August and then 2 more ops because of a chyle leak and although I am eating 6 small meals a day I'm still loosing weight.  Thanks

Last reply
  • Throat or Esophageal Relates

Throat Questions Posted about a minute ago Not sure where this post would belong, but, assume it's possible here. I have a strong appetite, but coping with a bloated stomach (been about 3 weeks now). Have not had any fever, or sore throat's, but, do have a tickle, or sensation, on the …

Last reply
  • Am I at risk of esophageal cancer?

Hi, I know this is no substitute for an examination by a doctor, but I just wanted help sorting my thoughts and hopefully gain some insight on my situation. I'm 21-years-old, 5'8" (173 cm) and 133 lbs (60.3 kg) and have had this weird symptom where I swallow air (or it could be …

Last reply
  • Small cell oesophageal cancer

My husband has a recurrence of this horrid disease. Was put back on to CAV chemo which did not work. He had internal bleed then neutropenia sepsis. Put back on original chemo which had given him a year free. Once again he has been hoapitalised with neutropenia and sent home with ciprofloxacin. He …

Last reply
  • oesophageal cancer

I had major surgery and my stomach removed 18 months ago and would love to hear from anyone else who had the same operation.

Last reply
  • I think that I have Esophageal Cancer, I am extremely scared

I wanted to reach out and receive some opinions/assurance on a couple issues that I am having and see if you can alleviate some of my concerns.  I am a 29 year old male, average build.  I do not smoke or chew but do drink alcohol. I have reason to believe that I might have …

Last reply
  • Really Confused - Need some Advice

Hey all, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself and also seek some important advice. A bit about me - 27 years old, 5'6 and at present 114lb (usually 143lb). Ok, so I'm not going to make this long, just very brief and I hope you guys can give me some constructive …

Last reply
  • upper abdomen fullness and spasms

Hi, I'm a 50-year-old male. My father died of oesophageal cancer when he was 50 (he was a smoker and heavy drinker, I'm neither). I have a history of GERD and have had two endoscopies, 5 years ago and 2 years ago. Both were perfectly normal and biopsies came back negative. A couple of …

Last reply
  • Very worried about oesophageal cancer...

I'm a 22 year old female and I've suffered with regurgitation of food into my mouth since I was around 17-18 but it has got worse over the last few years. I also suffer with acid reflux. I'm 5'2 and weigh about 54kg.  In the last month or two it has become very difficult to …

Last reply
  • Oral thrush

We have had a bit of a hard time recently. My husband had his first session of his second line chemo following a year's remission when the cancer recurred in tge same place. He then spent a week in hospital with a chest infection due to neutropenic sepsis. He returned home and now has oral …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.