Very worried.

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi I've been very worried I have esophageal cancer. at little bit of a back story. I'm 21 and have had gerd and acid reflux problems since I was 19. I have not been tested or treated appropriately and have had regurgitation a few times a day but rarely get heartburn. so the reason I've been having these scary assumptions is because recently I've been have chest pains and trouble getting foods down to my stomach (mainly bread and meat) I feel a pressure when ur gets to my mid chest area. I also have started to get a ridiculous amount of heartburn and indigestion. I've noticed these pains the past few days and the trouble swallowing and pressure when it gets down there for a couple weeks. I've got a doctor appointment next week and I'm very nervous. could I have it?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi dimitri78481

I know how scary this can be but you have done the right thing in getting a doctors apt. I suffered heartburn for over 20 yrs before I got it checked out by then I already had Barretts oesophagus.. I always worried about it being cancer and unfortunately 3 years later it developed into cancer. But because I was monitored so frequently with endoscopies it was caught very early.. Having my oesophagus removed in January 2013.. Now I have different worries about cancer.. What I'm trying to say is take it one step at a time and try not to stress too much about it, it only makes it seem worse. See your doc and take it from there and breathe!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.