Thoughts On My Symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All. To preface I am a 35-year old white male, non-smoker and I drink occasionally. I have a few pounds to lose but I'm not obese whatsoever. Generally I'm always in good health and I rarely ever get sick, not even colds.

That being said, for the past 3-months I've had strange mystery chest/abdominal symptoms that make me worry about the C word. Obviously because I do the worst thing you can do, Google. The pain started with strange chest heaviness and some random sharp jabs in my chest to the left and right. Felt like it was in the ribs and it's usually to the sides or top of the pec muscles. This was prime Covid-19 times and giving me anxiety, so I chalked it up to that. Even so I went to get a Covid-19 test (negative) and I even went to Urgent Care. They did a chest x-ray, EKG and urinalysis. All were fine. They told me I had anxiety and sent me on my way. For the most part I was able to ignore it since it didn't really cause me discomfort.

Cut the past couple weeks I noticed the jabs felt more intense and I was noticing more strange sharp pains in my upper abdomen, just under my ribs to the right and left. I've also been experiencing a burning sensation on and off in my abdomen. Nothing ever seemed to be in the center. I have never had trouble breathing or swallowing, but I do have that sensation like I have mucus in the back of my throat a lot throughout the day that I can't seem to get rid of.

Now this past Monday I was woken up at 4am to the WORST cramping sensation in the center of my chest. I didn't think I was having a heart attack because everything I've read said I should feel numb, dizzy, etc. but I felt none of that. Either way it passed in about 20 minutes and I went to the ER on the advice of the 24hr nurse hotline. I had another chest xray, blood work this time and an EKG. All normal.

I'm at a bit of a loss. Wondering if it's acid reflux (which I have no history of) I did start taking Nexium to see how I faired. It's helped a little but not a cure all. I even stopped drinking altogether to see if it helped.

While I don't think it's esophageal cancer it keeps popping up when checking symptoms. Any thoughts ahead of my doctor appointment on Friday for yet another follow-up?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Its seems like acid Reflux. Please don't google. have a upper endoscopy and I will rule out cancer for sure. Thanks Anxiety is a curse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.