HOPE I DON'T HAVE THROAT CANCER

Posted , 3 users are following.

This started late last year. I started noticing food always coming up my throat . Sometimes sour liquid. But it didn't bother me. Then about February the other symptoms cames. Enlarged tonsils . Throat pain globus sensation. . I was told I had GERD. So I started using acid depressants. Used for a couple of weeks. So I had to stop because they said I shouldn't use it for long . Then after one week the problem came back even worse . Went to the hospital doctors said I had Tonsilitis. Prescribed a couple drugs I got all . Used them nothing . Went back again they gave a couple prescriptions again used all . But nothing it only worsens . Then I started having more symptoms . At this time my tonsils had gone down. Still had globus sensation. Dry throat. Heartburn . One sided chest pain . Back pain to my lower pelvis area. Then the most crucial one is this stupid neck pain. I don't know if it pain or spasm or whatever. I just can't explain it's so painful and annoying . The pain starts at the back of my head down my shoulder area and up again . Then down my spine . It gets so painful sometimes I feel like slittering my neck . Help me please. My guess is either throat cancer or oesophagitis. Because all these things and I don't have difficulty swallowing ever since it started. That's the confusing part . I eat well.. infact the only time I'm okay is when I'm eating or drinking water. The moment I'm done . And a couple minutes passed. The pains come back. I need help . I'm feeling really scared .

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You have done the right thing by going to the doctors.

You could try Gaviscon Advance for a while.   This works by creating a protective raft against reflux for a couple of hours.   This can sometimes lead to the body healing itself.

Pain can travel round to all sorts of places though the nerve system (ie referred pain) rather than the original site of the problem.   If your tonsils are infected they may give you antibiotics.    Tonsils problem, depending on your age, can come and go.

Personally I would not worry about it being cancer if the doctor has diagnosed something different.

If you give everything else a good try and there does appear to be something in your oesophagus or stomach that is causing trouble, you may need an endoscopy, a miniature camera put down your throat so that they can see what is happening.

• Posted

****Yeah. I've been thinking endoscopy. I've been living with neck pain and it's becoming unbearable. I just hope it's not serious or life threatening ****

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.