I've been worried for 2 weeks, please share your experience

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

Sorry if i posted in the wrong forum, I am not yet diagnosed with oesophageal cancer however

I've been worrying about it in the past 2 weeks.

It all started 2 weeks ago when I get sudden burning feeling on my chest and throat that woke me up

at midnight, I wasn't aware of what it was and next few days basically didn't think about it until my throat burns again occasionally, then I got sore throat which resolves in 2-3 days after visit to GP (antibiotics paracetamol etc). Ever since then I still have that burning almost every day, it comes and goes, it is not painful, just uncomfortable. and it gave me anxiety and because I googled it and it's linked to GERD & worst case esophageal cancer.

My main symptoms now are burning in chest & throat, slight pressure on chest as if there's a lump, feeling full most of the time (I force myself to grab food on meal time), and I have this weird feeling when i drink some water, the water feels like it's hanging in my upper chest, below my base of throat, and if i drink water that is a bit cold the area will feel cold for a while (15-45mins), and it feels like if i move too violently the water might come up to my throat, this is especially obvious when I am laying down. i can drink on empty stomach and it will feel the same, so this is not caused by full stomach.

As for difficulty swallowing i would say about 15% (i hope it comes from anxiety).

Please let me know if anyone experienced the same and how it concluded for you

Thank you so much.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You seem to like have GERD. Google will always misguide you hence anxiety. What ever you search on google it will tell you that it might be cancer. Dont google!!! go to doctors Trust me you will be fine. Anxiety is bad. Cheers!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.