Scared of esophageal cancer

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi

i m chris 37 years old since now 2 months i have dysphagia i mean i think.

when i swallow i have to double swallow cause some food is stuck behind the throat just at the beginning of esophagus.i also have pain in throat where it stuck and also chest pain so all the symptoms of cancer.

i had 3 gastroscopies last 4 years last one was 10 months ago for others reason.

i also had ct scan of chest where they saw esophagus 2 weeks ago normal.

i went to 4 emergency doctor one doc did ct scan of chest and 1 general doctor.

all are saying no its not possible to be cancer first your age you do not smoke drink and also you had lot of exam and all is normal.

i am just scared crying all day long not working

i am sure its cancer but nobody want to listen to me i am so scared.

please help me.

for you this double swallow is dysphagia did some have the same problem.

please

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

im in the same position. i had endoscopy 3years ago and was clear. had gastritis and suffered for long. then pain when I eat and swallow started and I'm so scared. doc said I don't need another endoscopy. that is my anxiety. had meds and feel better but I still pain sometimes when I eat or drink water after. I'm so afraid. how are you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.