Could this be pancreatic cancer?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a 25 year old female. After having my second baby last May, I started birth control patches. I then started to develop  occasional nausea and stomach,  which I thought might be contributed to birth control and an umbilical hernia. Then in October, after finding out that I had been cheated on, I developed bloody diarreah with lots of fouls smelling mucus for two weeks. I contributed that to a flare up from Proctitis, got back on my medicine and it stopped. After that, I quit taking my medicine again. Since the flare up, I've noticed that my stools have been a lighter color with yellow juices which sometimes floated. Didn't think anything of it until about 3 weeks ago, that is when my health anxiety came crashing in. I started having muscle twitches, and was petrified that I might have ALS. Got blood test and I have low vitamin D and borderline B-12. My anxiety intensified and I though I have all kinds of diseases or conditions, my biggest fear being pancreatic cancer. My stomach began to have a dull ache and then radiated to my back. I've freaked out, have made numerous ER visits and doctor visits. Had a CT of my abdomen, everything came back fine besides a mild hernia and Proctitis. Had numerous X-rays, which has showed nothing. Numerous blood/urine test that everything has came back fine for. Had an endoscopy and colonoscopy, which showed mild acid reflux and Proctitis.  In this process, I have lost about 10 pounds in two weeks have lost my appetite. I'm scared out my wits that I've pancreatic cancer. From the yellow stools, weight loss, abdominal and back dullaches. I have no one in my family who has had pancreatic cancer. I am also on medicine for depression and anxietyas of two weeks, that's how bad it has been.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry that you're going through all this.  No one on this site can diagnose a disease.  This site is for practical advice and comfort.  

You need to go back to your gastroenterologist.  The yellow liquid that you are seeing is probably bile.  Ask your doctor to check your gallbladder function and for gallstones.

When you are prescribed medication, take it faithfully, and don't stop taking it unless you have consulted with your doctor. Best of luck.  xx  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.