Could this be pancreatitis?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been having sharp pains on my left side below rib cage for the last 3 days. It started with dull pain in my left back/shoulder blade area, then I had sharp pains below rib cage on left side which seemed to radiate under my ribs. That was 3 days ago.These sharp pains have continued on and off. It has been slightly better today. Sometimes it seems to be aggravated by eating.

Occasionally I feel slightly nauseous, and have some belching. I don’t have any pains in my chest area and don't feel like I have indigestion. I don’t drink much but did have 4 glasses of wine over 2 days about 4 days before this started.

I had a Ultrasound about a month ago and I have 1 gallstone, but was told my pancreas was fine. Had blood tests at the time and Lipase was within normal limits, as were all other tests.I have had many stomach issues over the last few years, but never had pains on this left side.

I don’t know what it is. Could it be pancreatitis ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you have gallstone issues then these need addressing. Perhaps a CT scan might be appropriate. Ultrasounds do not visualise the pancreas because it is deep inside the abdomen.
  • Posted

Hiya Kaelene, it could be mine was diagnosed from blood tests and an MRI scan. The pain is like the worst indegestion ever.Its strange to put in words cause its so random. Eating fatty food usually makes it worse and alcohol aggrevates it too. Best to ask your Gp and tell him to check for pancreatitis cause its not a "normal" test they do. Best advice I can give is cut out alcohol completely and reduce fat intake. Hope it helps.

Regards Carole x😊

• Posted

Thanks Carole.

I don't drink much but did have some wine a few days ago and don't eat much fatty foods as I don't digest them well. Yes will ask GP. Thanks.

• Posted

Hi kaelene

Just a quick message to see how you doing? Hope that your pain has at least become bearable

Regards

Carole

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.