Could this be related? Please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had been diagnosed with aipd (acute inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy) in march 2014, also a PE in march 2013. I am only 24 years old and is so hard to accept all these changes to my life. It seems like it is something new happening every day, constantly feel like im moaning all the time. One day will be my feet, then head, then chest pain etc. I have about 20 different medications i take in a day which i have taken since fall in ill. Recently i have noticed that at night time when i get in bed i get so itchy everywhere, im getting to the point im making myself bleed. I haven't changed any washing stuff, soaps i use or new medication. The only medication i take at might and not any other time through the day is amitriptyline. The most recently med i got put on was lamotrigine . also this cam happen any time through the day/night its only my left arm but it will go bright red and will start burning, when feeling it it gets really warm but then just dissapears. I get it any time so isn't after I've done something that could kick it off. I was thinking as it is an autoimmune disease could this be something like that? Please help x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It could be autoimmune disorders, but with all the medications your taking, it could very well be an allergic reaction to one ot more of the medications. 
    • Posted

I thought maybe it is the meds but ive been on them just over 2 years and this has only started recently x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.