Could this be TN? PLEASE HELP :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I've been having these dull aches, a little above my jaw/in front of my ear on the left side for a little over a month. Most of the times, it's a dull ache and is more uncomfortable than painful. I've also had sharp pains in that area about twice now.

The dull pain goes away some days and returns again. I don't take any medication for it.

It similar to how it feels when someone pushes the lower cheek too hard, kind of like a bubble in that area. Also, it causes some pressure in the ear or around it.

It's mostly focused in one area and is pretty dull but can get annoying and uncomfortable at times.

Does this sound like trigeminal neuralgia?

Or could it be TMJ associated pain?

I've been on PPI's for gastritis for over four months now. So I'm super stressed because of that. Could that be related?

Please help 😦

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Your description of the pain sounds more like TMJ pain. Sharp penetrative stabbing and electric shock like pain is what Trigeminal Neuralgia feels like, it literally stops you taking a breath. Things like eating can send an electric shock to your cheek or eyebrow. You can get a dull ache before or after the shocks and stabs but this is not very common. You need to see a doctor, though, to be properly diagnosed.

Good luck

• Posted

Hello, it sounds like you could be dealing with Trigeminal Neuralgia . My advice is see a nerve doctor as they can tell you what your dealing with . my doctor is giving me Carbamazepine and this medication blocks the nerve so your pain will not be felt . i took this 5 years ago . 5 years later i feel this has come back again . i have had the symptoms for 2 weeks now . My doctor wants me too make sure its not a infection in my tooth first , before he treats me for Neuralgia again . good luck too you . Mind you the medication i told you about worked very well on controlling my pain . pain killers usually are not what is used for Neuralgia . Its a nerve issue so you need nerve medication , not pain medication .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.