Could this be to do with my anal fissure or something else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with a anal fissure about 3 weeks ago, and now I don't get any pain passing stool but only get pain everytime I finished passing the stool. I also feel like I haven't fully emptied but then it feels like I have fully emptied at the same time? and everytime after passing it, I feel like I get that urge that I need to go all the time and it sometimes goes away after I applied the cream, sometimes it doesn't go away at all until I go to the toilet again and then only like 1 or 2 stools come out after then it feels empty but I still feel this constant relaxed, weakness feeling in my rectum? That feeling has been coming and going? Like some days I get the constant relaxed needing to go feeling all day and some days like yesterday. I only felt a bit of pain after passing the stool but that relaxed feeling isn't there? What is this and why do I keep getting this feeling? Can the anal fissure have an effect for this feeling as well? Sometimes when I need to go again, I can't pass any stool at all as well? The feelings I get feels like a mix of all of the described above on different days? I have no blood in my stool and the most I've been to the toilet to succesfully pass stool is about 2/3 times a day. Sorry I have difficulty describing things. I struggle with it a lot but hopefully it makes sense.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello265

I am sorry for you. I suggest that you go back to your Doctor! I had Botox injections for my fissure and although things aren't perfect I am not in the excruciating pain I was before. I completely sympathise. I now take regucol from Holland and Barrett, anything similar to this also helps. X

• Posted

ah ok thank you! smile I don't get any pain when passing stools just only the last bit I now just get a little bit of a stinging pain, I called the doctors again yesterday and he did suggest I have to take more fibre foods/diet, I'll try and do this and if it still doesn't work, he also has a prescription to do with fibre I can also collect, I think my minds more at ease now and I just try to not worry about it too much, I worry a lot

• Posted

Its no Joke.. I hope it heals by itself.

I think my Doc said 30% of fissures need surgery.

It sounds like you're in the beginning stages. I suffered for years. So much better now.!

• Posted

ah ok, I do hope mine will heal by itself, I saw other forums and other people's fissures healed even after years so I hope mine will heal. I just am really scared about surgery though but I'll consider it if I can't cope with the pain anymore, I'm not really feeling any pain just a slight little sting that lasts about 10 minutes today after I passed stool but my stool was softer today maybe because I ate quite a bit of fibre foods? All I feel still though is always needing to go sometimes even after I done the stools and when I think about it it makes it even worse, don't know if it's a mental thing or not might discuss this with my doctor. Would the type of surgery I choose completly cure the fissure and it won't happen again? Or is there still chance the fissure could reoccur even after surgery?

• Posted

Your Fissure is a tear. If any excess fecal matter is sitting on it after you wipe it will burn. Try to take a Sitz bath right after bowel movement. Wipe with baby wipes and clean the area welll and apply Calmoseptine ( you can buy this at Walgreens or online it's a life savor. Just go when you need to go and folllow above. If your Fissure does not heal opt for the surgery. I had a bad Fissure and now it's in the past.

• Posted

Hello

If you have a Fisher what you're most likely feeling with the tightness and the relaxation is your anal sphincter muscle which is an involuntary muscle so when it's cut and you go to the bathroom it's spasms out gets tight Yes I had delayed pain sometimes I would go to bathroom fine and then the pain would hit me like a wave.

When you're going to bathroom like a poodle you're fighting yourself your anal sphincter is so tight it's doing the opposite of what you needed to do.

• Posted

ah ok thank you, is it just because of my anal fissure that's causing the sphincter muscle to feel relaxed?  just had a google about it and would certain exercises help to fix this? My anal fissure at the moment is just a bit painful like just a sudden bit of needle pain if I irritate the area somehow probably by sitting down etc , I just really hope it will heal on its own, but the pain has settled down a lot more than when I first had it.

• Posted

When you're feeling relaxed your anal sphincter is probably normal. When it's real tight, it's spasming and painful.. I don't know of any exercises that will correct this the only thing that corrected this for me was LIS surgery. The pain was coming and going over time but steadily declined and got worse. All it takes is one time of being constipated and I was back at square one..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.