Could this have been a kidney stone dislodging?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recently i had a strange and disconcerting experience which may have been a kidney stone dislodging. i have been to several doctors who don't seem to have come across it. and have no explanation. i have since had two rounds of antibiotics and a clear Ct scan kub but am worried there is more to come. What happened was I had been suffering a very stiff achy lower back for several weeks, feeling uncomfortable in my tummy and getting very tired. I wondered if i was about to go down with an attack of cystitis . (I am retired female). I thought I would go to GP after holiday.

On 1st day of holiday I was shopping with husband, it was very hot and i was struggling to keep up with him. Suddenly i had a sharp pain in my left side just below my waist at the front, like a bad stitch. it lasted 3-4 minutes. A few minutes later i felt a trickling sensation between my legs. when we got home i saw i was sort of seeping cola coloured fluid. ( I am not incontinent.) I am long past child bearing age and was alarmed thinking it was coming from my vagina, but then realised it was more like coloured water and not a discharge. it was from my bladder. It went on till later that evening then stopped. If started again the next morning and got more blood stained during the day. I called 111 who sent an ambulance and they checked me out and said I seemed fine. They did observe tenderness over left kidney. They did not take me into hospital.

I did get checked out at hospital when I got home. Blood tests all clear, urine test showed signs of mild UTI, CT scan all clear. They thought i might have passed a kidney stone. From the point i had stitch, my backache, fatigue all went away. But am worried about the fluid released - could it have been backed up behind a stone? i was not having any trouble urinating. I am told i have no stones now, no infections now but i still get a small amount of pinkish fluid released each day although i am not incontinent. Could I have been left with a bruised kidney ?

Has anyone here had anything similar?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you have a kidney stone it can mean there is blood in your urine.

Could be you had a stone in the first place and have maybe passed it.

Keep an eye on this.

If you have frequent urine infections chances are you have kidney stones.

Sarah

• Posted

This is very similar to a previous stone incident I had from many years ago. I passed a stone 24 hours after visiting the emergency room, and I thought I was out of the woods. The pain started up again about two days later with blood in my urine. I refrained from returning to the ER (out of fear mostly), and within another day or so I passed a second stone. In hindsight I supposed I was "lucky," keeping in mind that it could always be worse.

If the hue of your urine remains reddish or dark, you'll probably need to have images taken. Good luck; hopefully for you also this will pass, literally and figuratively.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.