Couldn’t move in bed

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am quite a lonely person as it is summer and i dont have any friends so just stay inside my dark room all day

I often feel sad and sometimes angry but i dont feel like im depressed because i can be cheered up easily and feel neutral

However i was lying in my bed at midday and wanted to get up but i couldnt like mentally and after an hour of trying i rolled onto the floor

im not really intact with my feeling so does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do?

this is kinda a wake up call for me

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

sorry i guess this should of gone in another community post

• Edited

it sounds a lot like depression to me. I know you said you didn’t think you were depressed but many times people can be depressed without even knowing it.

staying inside your dark room all day is not healthy physically or mentally.

The combination of loneliness, sadness and sometimes anger can leave a person definitely depressed.

is there something going on in your life that is causing you to feel this way? Family? Work or school? sometimes we have to do self reflection in order to figure out what lies at the heart of these feelings.

I would strongly suggest that you speak with someone about how you are feeling. You need support right now.

you said you are not in touch with your feelings. If you don’t have anybody to talk to, think about getting some counseling for this. That way you can express yourself better and the counselor can help you manage all of this so that you can find some joy in your life! You could even do virtual counseling if you want! many churches have free counseling.

The other thing is make it a point to get out of bed in the morning and go for a walk. Even just a little exercise releases good hormones in the brain that make you feel better.

eat healthy and drink a lot of water to stay hydrated. The brain in the rest of the body need hydration to function properly.

take these baby steps because they add up after a while and help you to feel better. it’s time to start taking care of you.

you can stop this bad feeling in its tracks! Take one day at a time and do something positive for yourself.

Get that support. Take that walk. Think of everything you’re grateful for even if it’s just the roof over your head.

once you start this process and start feeling a little better, you can go out and be a part of some thing, even volunteering! That way you will make some friends.

I hope that you start to feel better soon. you can do it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.