couldnt remember what side of th road i was supposed to be driving on

Posted , 8 users are following.

while i was driving suddenly i couldnt remember what side of the road o was supposed to be driving on, its happened twice now and has rearly freaked me out, anyone know why,

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam, could be the brain fog, but also are you on any medication that could cause these lapses?
    • Posted

Not on any medication that would cause it, what is brain fog? It rearly scared me what can I do 
    • Posted

There are some days that I just will not drive because I know it might not be good.  That is about all you can do...unless you want to try the med route
  • Posted

I haven't had that happen, but I have gotten confused at traffic lights...usually right near my period.  I have been known to stop for green lights :P  

My cousin has also had some driving confusuion...so I would say yes, quite normal.  I am not on meds of any kind.

• Posted

I don't know why. But it did happen to me too. I slowed down and waited for a car to come from the opposite direction so that I would understand which side to be. I guess it is caused by moments of memory loss due to lack hormons /chemicals

• Posted

And I am not on any medication. And when it happened to me I wasn't even taking vitamins

• Posted

This has happened to me during peri menopause and freaked me out also but I am sure it is a hormonal confusion do not fret it will pass
  • Posted

Hi that's like me I couldn't for a second remember the correct way on the roundabout right or left! I don't really dwell on these things tho😄Or it would drive you insane!

• Posted

Yes, this has happened to me too. But mine was a situation where for a second I didn't think I was going the right direction on the freeway and didn't recognize the area. It was years ago when this happened. Now it just forgetting simple things. I freak out because you where our mind goes(straight to Alzheimer's). I've always been organized and have a great memory. It's brain fog, Sam. It's on the list of the 37 symtoms of menopoause. Back in the the day "the change" (in my whispering voice) was just when women went crazy, or least that's what the male doctors told women. But it's so much more than hot flashes and mood swings. Now women have forums such as this  and we are talking out loud about it to each other.

• Posted

I was driving home.from my sisters house and suddenly half way through the journey i forgot where i was. Also recently i have been waking up and forgetting what day it is and its happening more frequently....so i would say dont worry!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.