counting calories?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I think I understand about the fat intake now but should I be counting calories as well?

Thanks 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Good evening,

I didn't to start with I concentrated on getting the fat right first. just this week I've started using my fitness pal and just like the fat content in food it's shocked me how many calories are in food. I struggle with portion control so ccounting calories is working for me, I try to stick to 1200. 

good luck

kate

• Posted

Hi same as Cathryn I myself use my fitness pal as ut track ur fat carbs and calories which I think is great 
  • Posted

Thanks both of you, i need to look at my fitness pal
    • Posted

It's great a god send to me as I have 3 young kids so I scan the food as I prepare it and I use map my walk for my exercising so I no exactly what calories I have burnt then add them to the cardiovascular section
  • Posted

all sounds very complicating, i am not technical at all!!!! My 4 year old probably better then me!! 

I will definatley look into it 

• Posted

Just try my fitness pal first, it's not too complicated and the information you get from it is very useful. I  work with 4 year olds and they can work a computer better than I can. I always thought weighing food was a ball ache but over the last few days I have got my passion back for cooking. I  made a kind of stew yesterday, basically put lots of veg and chicken in my slow cooker. weighing everything and putting it into my fitness pal makes you think about your ingredients, ie if 80g of suede is say 50 calories do I really want more in the stew? anyway that's how it works for me, I used to put all of everything in anything if that makes sense. you can overdo calories even on veg. don't get me wrong obviously it's better than chips but like I say with my fitness pal and the tablets both making me think about what I put in my mouth I feel I have the best chance in a long time to beat the bulge! If you need any help with the app ask your child first then ask me!  😁 

Kate xx

• Posted

Thanks Kate, I have downloaded the app and my plan is too look through it later. Thanks for the advice, will let you know how I get on. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.