counting days til bypass

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hiya hope your all smiley...my name is Claire...I'm 50 and fat got 11 stone to lose on bypass which is going to be on the 16/4/15. Private hospital ( thanks my dear husband) I'm so worried bout pre-op diet...did anyone else have the fear of cheating on it???

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

the pre op diet is to start your journey and to reduce your liver so it wont be in way of operation. so its less likely to get injured.  If you keep that in mind - and the price paid out for the Op you will find the pre op (after the first couple of days) easier to handle.  Good luck with your journey and keep in touch to see how you get onx 
  • Posted

Thank you for replying...think nerves are finding probs..😕
    • Posted

Its a big lifechanging decisin you have made.  I had the Band fitted late November and am already over 2 stone down on my journey - its hard work, its not a solution but helps! best thing ive ever done! good luck x 

• Posted

Hi ,I'm on day 9 of the milk diet, I'm 65yrs & have approx 6stone to loose . The milk diet is to shrink the liver before the bypass operation ,also to prove you can do it. I thought at first ( I don't know if I can do this) but then thought YES I can ,keep focused on the days & you will get through. I have 4pts milk,1cup a soup, 1 jelly,& teas & coffee. This is the hardest diet I've ever done but quite determined . 
  • Posted

Hi fatwitch ( very derogatory name!!), dont be so hard on yourself!  I'm doing the slimfast preop diet which is ok, lots of water, but different flavours and I use the chocolate with warm milk as a change.  I worried I would cheat as I am terrible but I have stuck to it and am determined.  My bypass is on 30th March 15. I am nervous about it, not the surgery so much but after and the thought of never enjoying food again! But it has to be done as I cant go on like this anymore or I will kill myself eventually.  Keep positive and keep your goal in sight.  Love and light xx
  • Posted

Ha, have just posted something similar. I started the pre-op milk diet today. Am feeling positive and the advice given from previous comments is spot on. It is to help reduce the liver to help ease the operation, however you will also lose weight before your op by doing the pre-op diet so a good start to your overall weight loss. Hope it all goes ok for you. Good luck xxx (by the way I am approx 12 stone overweight, so similar position to you, I am having the sleeve done)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.