Counting the days

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was prescribed gaba for peripheral neuropathy, 100mg first week then 200 2nd week, 300 3rd week. Didn’t feel good so I weaned myself off the 4th week. First 2 weeks off were hell, had some time off work. 

30 days off the med today. Withdrawal symptoms still - some brain fog, mind not working well, restlessness, anxiety, inability to focus, no appetite, balance issues, etc and - and they are subsiding. Today I felt super tired but better! 

Thank you for listening and for your support. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I hope you will make a speedy recovery DeeBee.  

Unfortunately, I haven’t recovered  from what Gabapentin did to me. I have a 5mm x 6 mm lesion at the entrance to my pituitary stalk which I know caused me to develop a sudden onset of a movement disorder. 

A neurologist ordered me to undergo a two hour nerve study. The doctors who conducted the test didn’t like to listen to my rapid clicking teeth so I was asked to keep my mouth open. Evidently my teeth chattering was messing up the test. 

I’ve been listening to that awful noise for almost 10 years. 

• Posted

Oh thank you Beth.. . and sending  prayers for healing to you 🙏

• Posted

hello again,

It sounds as if like me it's getting a lot less from withdrawal.

As you know I'm further along the road than you are.These past couple of days have been what I call normal since I last took that very last gabapentin.

..Thank God.

I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel......finally. take care to everyone on here ,i wish you all the very best.Hopefully now...Im FREE,and I'llnever never take them again,even if the Dr recommeds them.No chance. Regards

Vivienne

• Posted

Thank you and I look forward to seeing that light at the end of the tunnel.  Woke up this morning feeling crappy, loopy again.  What a bad drug, never again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.