Couple of lumps lower abdominal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, any help would really be helpful. 

My lower Adominal I have lump that can’t be pressed in that feels the size of a two pence, with a small lump to the side of it.

I did see my GP a few months back and she thought it was a Hernia as it could be pressed in but she didn’t have much of a feel and it doesn’t go in. 

The second lump wasn’t there then, should I go back? Of course googling this gives you the worse case scenario that it’s cancer. Can two hernias be so close?

I don’t drink or smoke, I am trying to lose weight. Currently 15.8 stone, was weighing 16.4 so it’s coming down. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I would find a Doctor that would see me now, get a cat scan or MRI done, best of luck to you.
  • Posted

Been to see my Dr today who thinks it is a lipoma but still having a ultrasound in two weeks time to be sure 

Have to admit had plenty of tears today, hoping it’s just that but the stress and worry is horrible 

• Posted

Lipoma is a benign tumor made of fat tissue, its the most common benign form of soft tissue tumor, its not cancer. don't cry this could have been worse, you will be fine glad for you that its not something worse.

• Posted

Forgot to say, the ultrasound will confirm it, if it is.
  • Posted

Speak to your doctor again.
    • Posted

Hi, yep, she thought it was a lipoma but still going to have an ultrasound to be sure

Very nervous! Not slept much since 

• Posted

Try distraction techniques such as light exercise or hobbies.  All you can do is wait for your scan to get answers.  There is no point in worrying; worry makes everything worse. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.